SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-08-07, 12:33 AM   #1
pilot

Default WANTED: Suspension Tweaking Guideance

I am a newbie to SV's and just bought an 01 and would like to prep if for a track bike.

Is installing a GSXR shock a good start? If so, which GSXR shocks will work on an 01 SV ? I can't find the secret list of interchangeability...

Without getting a second mortgage on the house, what is a decent way to improve the forks? Retrofit with F4 cartridges...if so, which ones or...?
Old 21-08-07, 10:49 AM   #2
jambo
Mega Poster

Default Re: WANTED: Suspension Tweaking Guideance

A search on Suspension will give you tons and tons. In short some GSXR shocks and Some ZX6R / ZX10R shocks fit the curvy SV650 (99-02). Whether they're "right" for it is a matter of debate. The "best" option is a custom Ohlins / Penske / Maxton shock for your bike, but that's proper money.

Forks can be made to suit you cheaply with springs & oil. More expensive are emulators with take over the compression damping. Full cartridge internals can be sourced (I believe), or you can swap the whole front end out for a GSXR / R1 etc unit.