SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-03-09, 06:30 PM   #1
sayani

Default Any Iphone Users? App recommendations

Just wondering if there are any iphone users on here and if you have any app recommendations. My speedometer broke yesterday and that got me thinking whether I could use the GPS on the phone to check my speed and sure enough this app will do nicely until I get my bike looked at:

aSmart HUD +SpeedCams 1.6
http://www.atoll-ordenadores.com/asmarthudpl.html

You can set to beep when you pass certain speeds (I've set it 30, 40, 50 and 70ish) and also has a speed camera warning database. I have my phone on and headphones in anyway as I listen to music whilst riding and this app lets you have the music on in the background and still works when the screen is switched off. At 59p pretty chuffed with this app and will probably still be handy even after I get my speedo fixed.

So, anyone got any other apps they would recommend? I could really do with a decent weather app as I'm tired of getting caught in the rain. I've seen Weather Pro but at nearly £3 would like to know if anyone else has any recommendations.

Vid for weather pro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5wyL8EQ3oo