SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-11-18, 10:10 PM   #6581
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Customers that come into my shop 10 minutes before closing and either want you to do something that will take 30 minutes or want to buy something but can't decide what they want and **** you about for ages. Even dropping hints like lowering shutters etc has no effect on them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Used to get this a lot in someone elses shop that I worked in. 5pm closing time Saturday a whole family would suddenly pile in wanting advice about what sort of bike to buy, wanting to sit on them all... and usually fairly obvious that they were "showrooming"... ie. trying them all for size and then Dad was going to go and get them off the internet.

Not great in a small independent shop and not great for me working minimum wage for a boss that didn't know what overtime was.

I got in the habit of putting the shutters half down 10 mins before closing and turning half the lights off. Some still didn't take the hint.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-18, 10:44 PM   #6582
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

When I worked in Our Price we would put Napalm Death on at full volume at 5.27pm. Worked a treat every day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 14-11-18, 06:25 AM   #6583
shiftin_gear98

As the store manager of a bike shop, you could always tell who were messers and who weren't. The ones that weren't we rushed through the process as politely as possible. The messers I simply told to come back in the morning and they could then spend 8 hours asking us as many questions as they liked. But the till was now closed. This conversation happened as we walked towards the door. Where one of the others would open it. My smile slowly fading if they didn't get the hint. I don't work in retail anymore.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 14-11-18 at 06:27 AM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 06:35 AM   #6584
shiftin_gear98

My gripe of yesterday. Having a large stone fling off a car in front of me. Hitting me in the shoulder. Even with my jacket, jumper and t-shirt it still bloody hurt. We were doing 65 mph. I have a nice bruise now. And what annoyed me more was that I was about 25 meters behind it.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-18, 08:24 AM   #6585
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
When I worked in Our Price we would put Napalm Death on at full volume at 5.27pm. Worked a treat every day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Good tip!

Old 14-11-18, 08:36 AM   #6586
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
As the store manager of a bike shop, you could always tell who were messers and who weren't. The ones that weren't we rushed through the process as politely as possible. The messers I simply told to come back in the morning and they could then spend 8 hours asking us as many questions as they liked. But the till was now closed. This conversation happened as we walked towards the door. Where one of the others would open it. My smile slowly fading if they didn't get the hint. I don't work in retail anymore.
That's what i try to do. We also get idiots who ring us up at closing time and want to have a long conversation about a problem they're having with a camera. I won't answer the phone at that time but some of my colleagues do.

Old 14-11-18, 12:34 PM   #6587
Bibio
Mega Poster

being told lies to my face for 12 years from fife councils occupational therapy department. "we dont fit baths for disabled bathrooms" has now turned into "its as a need to basis but only if a shower is not fit for purpose" after i asked for fife councils policy number regarding fitting baths for disabled.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-18, 06:54 AM   #6588
maviczap
Mega Poster

BBC Breakfast outside parliament in the dark because of yesterday's Brexit announcement.

They're not telling me it couldn't be done from the studio, and in my view it'd be better done from the studio.

Only because the producer has got a massive boner about the news they've all been waiting for.

Give me the details, not live reporters in the dark when all MP'S are still in bed.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-18, 07:50 AM   #6589
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
BBC Breakfast outside parliament in the dark because of yesterday's Brexit announcement.

They're not telling me it couldn't be done from the studio, and in my view it'd be better done from the studio.

Only because the producer has got a massive boner about the news they've all been waiting for.

Give me the details, not live reporters in the dark when all MP'S are still in bed.
It annoys me to. Especially when the poor reporter is standing in torrential rain and/or the place they're reporting from is closed or only loosely connected with story.

Old 15-11-18, 09:39 AM   #6590
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Brooker has it all worked out... audio NSFW (contains swearing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHun58mz3vI
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote