SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-01-11, 07:16 PM   #1
garethaka

Default battery fine fuses fine bike just died on me in downpour

today was caught in a downpour of biblical porportions water everwhere drains overflowing, water flooding down the street, so my bike got considerably wet, once out the downpour and stoped at red light, my bike just died on me, it didnt splutter or choke out it literally just died lights went off nothing as if hte battery had been ripped out. so took bike to side of road turned the key a few times and nothing lights didnt go on dashlights didnt glimmer. however my alarm was stil working. the lights would flash when bike was alarmed. so an hour later the aa pitched up he checked the battery and fuses all was fine. so he blamed it on hte alarm and immobaliser. he phone the motorbike recovery he came out and seemed to have an idea about bikes said he didnt think there was a problem with alarm but something to do with the ignition barrel especially as i have been having problems turining the key so it got a blast of wd40 and 3 in 1 oil last night. any ideas or people who have had this problem before. Sorry realised this is long winded just thought you would wana know all the details. the bike is well kept garaged 2001 curvy cheers
Old 14-01-11, 07:30 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: battery fine fuses fine bike just died on me in downpour

sounds like another 'green connector' fault.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=137151
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-11, 09:31 AM   #3
warrenhewitt10

The way to test for this green connector that I found with mine was to wiggle the handlebars side to side and jiggle the big bunch of wires leading down into the bike. When mine did it first I had it in bits in the driveway, multimeter out, all the tools, then thought id push it back into the garage, and turn the handlebars, and it all comes to life again.

Make sure you check it now though, it just gets worse and worse if you leave it alone.
Old 15-01-11, 12:36 PM   #4
garethaka

cheers for the replies guys found out what the problem is. got new regulator rectifier last week somethings faulty with it and it kills the engine whenever its connected engine starts fine without it. shops going to replace it for me so should be up and running soon