SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-11-06, 06:04 PM   #1
PsychoCannon

Default Some poor cage driver :(

Some poor cage driver, sorry, his front side passenger, just had a first hand experience with the problems of riding a bike in the cold.

I was filtering home through static traffic when I saw someone ahead lean out their window looking back at me and duck back in.

Having seen this far too many times for it to still be funny I roll my eyes and slow down roll past.

sure enough, the guy in the passenger seat decides to Yell BOO!!! as I filter past, very original, only this muppet decided to get one up on the normal routine and leant out to get his face as close to me as possable for maximum scare effect.

Naturally as I came up and saw him wiggling around in his seat and it was obvious what he was going to do, my primary concern was for the poor lads own saftey.
He clearly isn't aware of how painful it is to get hit by a moving vehicle that's doing speed.

As soon as he yells BOO and starts leaning out of his window I'm already prepared, I reach out to push the idiots head back in to stop him leaning out too far and hurting himself.

Sadly it was so damn cold whilst my arm responded and went out my fingers refused to uncurl

Long story short I achieved my goal of stopping him leaning out too far whilst causing myself only minimum wobble, thus protecting him from undue harm, sadly I think due to the cold fingers he may of mis-understood my well meant intentions
Old 26-11-06, 06:06 PM   #2
furrybean

Very commendable of you ol' bean. Well done
Old 26-11-06, 06:07 PM   #3
K

Were we also wearing our reinforced carbon knuckle-dust... um... 'protection'?
Old 26-11-06, 06:08 PM   #4
PsychoCannon

Of course!! what do you take me for, some kind of irresponsable nut job?
Old 26-11-06, 06:18 PM   #5
Nostrils

Cool! At least it will be a talking point for his driver mate at the pub in front of his friends!!
Old 26-11-06, 06:18 PM   #6
Law

hmm, cold? Still the guy sounded like a complete idiot and probably deserved to be pushed back into the car.
Old 26-11-06, 06:20 PM   #7
Stingo

By 'eck - that were a close one!!

Hope that passenger is ok!!! Edit: - did I really say that? I hope he kakked in his mate's car!!

Oh to have been your pillion!!!
Old 26-11-06, 06:29 PM   #8
K

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoCannon
Of course!! what do you take me for, some kind of irresponsable nut job?
Ahha, well done my lad.

Oh yeah, knowing your an airsoft bod who thinks LRP looks fun - check this out Mandala LRP. It's run by a few friends of mine and the game you really need to check out is 'Alone'. They have actually OK'd me to play too - I'll just start the game with a broken leg to explain being on crutches the entire time.

If you're interested PM me and I'll give a bit more background to how it all works n stuff.
Old 26-11-06, 06:32 PM   #9
glade

lol must be something in the water.

Today there was some ****ed up **** riding a pushbike down the centre of a dual carriageway, weaving between two lanes so no-one could get past, shouting abuse at a couple of pensioners in their car.

I thought i'd rev up next to him, don't know why really but i did... I zoom off feeling like a real man and the mrs on the pillon is shouting ".... hit him, ..... hit him" i thought: **** didn't hit him did i? look back pikey is in the road still being a ******, not dead or anything...

Turns out mrs gave him a good battering on the way past. "I thought i'd make sure he didn't swerve into us, but just smacked him round the head instead"
glade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-06, 06:36 PM   #10
PsychoCannon

lfmao I like the sounds of your missus

err..wait.....I didn't think that one through...