SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: Which design of sticker?
Sticker 1 68 15.35%
Sticker 2 69 15.58%
Sticker 3 306 69.07%
Voters: 443. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-05-07, 11:11 PM   #41
stuartyboy

Default Re: SV .org Sticker design

Hate to throw a spanner in the works here mate but have you actually thought this through?

For example...you're using a red ".org" On a red bike the .org won't be seen and it will just look like the standard SV decal

On a silver bike the grey wont be seen and all you'll see is ".org"

I'm confused as to why you want to recreate the stock logo at all. Most people would just mistake it for the logo that came on the bike. I know I would.

I take it the idea behind your logo is to promote the site. If that's so then why not create something unique so that people wont mistake it with the real one?

Look at the SV rider logo...very distinctive...

http://www.svrider.com/goodies.htm

Last edited by stuartyboy; 18-05-07 at 12:08 AM.
Old 18-05-07, 02:29 AM   #42
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartyboy View Post

I don't get any pics at all when I go on this site, what's my browser playin at???

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-07, 05:35 AM   #43
hovis

Quote:
Hate to throw a spanner in the works here mate but have you actually thought this through?

For example...you're using a red ".org" On a red bike the .org won't be seen and it will just look like the standard SV decal

I'm confused as to why you want to recreate the stock logo at all. Most people would just mistake it for the logo that came on the bike. I know I would.

I take it the idea behind your logo is to promote the site. If that's so then why not create something unique so that people wont mistake it with the real one?

i kind of agree, as i pointed out b4 about not seeing the the colours depending on where you put them, as you said they cant go on a red back ground, or silver.
but, i think you will find it hard to please everyone & most people are happy with this, if you can do better why not give it a go? (i would not know where to start)

i intend to put them on my screen (i think) so they will look ok, but i see yor point
Old 18-05-07, 09:34 AM   #44
keithlackie

No. 3, clear background. That would be going right on my bike... somewhere.
Old 18-05-07, 09:39 AM   #45
Gordon B

Quote:

Thanks for your comments.

Trust me when I tell you I am not a graphic designer, I am only doing this to try to give something back to the .org who have helped me out on numerous occasions.

Also their stickers cost $5, these will be about 75p to £1

No-one else has pointed out this issue, and as hovis said alot of people will be putting them on their screens. I am hoping to get a couple of samples first to try out and then iron any issues out from there.

It would be difficult to please everyone as everyone has a different coloured machines, I am just trying to guage a majority.

Alo while it is to promote the site, I feel it also will serve as a badge so that if you are out somewhere and you spot an sv, or other bike, with one of these stickers, you know they are a .org'er and you can talk to them without them looking at you like you are some sort of nutter. I know, its happened to me in the past!

Gordon

Last edited by Gordon B; 18-05-07 at 10:09 AM.
Old 18-05-07, 09:41 AM   #46
gettin2dizzy

well i like 3! and good job doing it all there area a few of us who appreciate it!
Old 18-05-07, 10:02 AM   #47
jayjay

I like nr 2 but 3 is good too,

put me down for a couple if you go ahead with it.

Thanks
Old 18-05-07, 10:13 AM   #48
Viney
Mega Poster

2 or 3. 1 is a bit dull imho. However if cheap enough, get some made up of each, then people can choose. Not sure on costs. My last sv650.org stick was on my lid, and if i had a new one, would probably go on the screen or Swing arm (Dont like stickers on bikes)

For the colours and to save them 'disapearing' on bikes, add a black outline to the text.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-07, 10:20 AM   #49
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
although you might not see the 650 on i tinted screen so good, as you might not see the SV if on a silver swing arm
If your like me with white fairings you've got it sorted lol

Let me know when they are available too
Old 18-05-07, 12:37 PM   #50
stuartyboy

[quote=Jamaxx;1190160]
Alo while it is to promote the site, I feel it also will serve as a badge so that if you are out somewhere and you spot an sv, or other bike, with one of these stickers, you know they are a .org'er /quote]

I disagree mate. This the point I was trying to make. The logo you've done is just too close to the original. It doesn't stand out or distinguish enough from the real logo for people to recognise it as the .org site. Any other biker would just think it was another stock logo. The whole point of a logo is to be unique and distinctive.

My company does shed loads of graphic design work and I know from years of experience just by looking at it that it doesn't stand out enough.

Please dont think I'm criticising your efforts - anything but. I wish some people would show that kind of effort for me sometimes. I just woudn't like you to be disappointed with the end results.

The printers wont care - they'll take your money and when you see the end product you could be very disappointed. If you have no Graphic design experience then you probably sent the printers RGB proofs - these will render differently in real life.

Look athe the svrider.com logo below. There's no mistaking this for the real logo and you can tell instantly its a logo about a website for people who ride SVs.

If you want some help then PM me and I can point you in the right direction and save you time and money.

Last edited by stuartyboy; 18-05-07 at 12:43 PM.