SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-06-16, 07:56 PM   #11
Teejayexc

Default Re: EU Referendum

Ytf are they going to cut us off, they need us just as much as we need them trade wise. And as for farmers, I live in a farming community and most I've talked with are all for out.
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 09:37 PM   #12
Trev B

I spend most of the year in Spain and i will vote out all day.and yes i am a Spanish resident.
Old 09-06-16, 10:09 PM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

lets just hope that its a majority nation wide for whatever way the votes go.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-16, 06:14 AM   #14
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

I believe that an out vote will trigger a Scottish referendum again!

Let's hope its not 45/55

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-16, 07:19 AM   #15
theenglishman

I have a very disabled wife. The leave camp would like to see the UK become more like America, giving more power to individuals and less to 'big government'. That works fine if you're healthy and more importantly, employed. However if you're not you're in much more difficult circumstances.

I always thought a civilised society took care of the less fortunate as well as those in need. I just do t see Boris, Nigel and the others in the leave camp as people who genuinely care about the under dog. So I'm for staying. This isn't a short term 'I'm alright now' thing. You're going to get old. Who's going to look after you then? Not that Eastern European carer or the phillipeno nurse if. We leave and 'tighten our borders' that's for sure.

Last edited by theenglishman; 10-06-16 at 07:20 AM.
theenglishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-16, 12:54 PM   #16
Bibio
Mega Poster

@ the englishman, i'm in the same circumstances as you but i think that if we leave the EU then it will give more power to the Government and less to the people. you just have to look at all the laws that have been passed over the last 20 years compared to the 20 years previous.

@andy, there is no way the SNP will call for another referendum due to almost every single member having a seat in Westminster, they are getting two wages.
Old 10-06-16, 01:03 PM   #17
L3nny
Mega Poster

I have yet to see any information from either side that looks like it's based on fact.

In my career a few Europe driven employment laws have been implemented which have benefited me directly. I feel the people behind the leave campaign are the ones who have been negatively impacted by this and they have a few less millions than they would otherwise. They have then played on people's patriotism and xenophobia to gain support while all the time hiding their real agenda.

For that reason I'll be voting to stay. Yes it's not great having a European government dictating what we should do but I don't think the people who make the laws in this country can be trusted.
Old 10-06-16, 01:22 PM   #18
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'm not fully up on all this referendum stuff as i dont watch the news much or read papers but did we not have a vote to have a referendum? if so then this tells us what the outcome will be. if the public wanted to stay in the EU then we would not be having a referendum. now that the Gov has signed deals it wants to stay in the EU. lets just see what Gov campaigns can do to the public sway.
Old 10-06-16, 02:54 PM   #19
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i'm not fully up on all this referendum stuff as i dont watch the news much or read papers but did we not have a vote to have a referendum? if so then this tells us what the outcome will be. if the public wanted to stay in the EU then we would not be having a referendum. now that the Gov has signed deals it wants to stay in the EU. lets just see what Gov campaigns can do to the public sway.
No we didnt have a vote to have a referendum.It was in the tory manifesto as promised by Cameron during the Libcon coalition and was largely a result of the tories being scared of losing seats to Ukip.As it turned out Ukip didnt take tory seats but the promise of a referendum had been made so here we are.
Old 10-06-16, 03:44 PM   #20
Bibio
Mega Poster

cool that clears that up

i still think the public will vote to leave.