SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-06-16, 04:05 PM   #81
Trev B

Default Re: EU Referendum

Those living abroad have nothing to fear,you go to Spain and see if you get any benefits,house,changes in law,free medical care of any kind,NOTHING is what you get,most who go to Spain are retired with an income or pension that keep themselves,the Spanish only like the many Europeans and Scandinavians because they SPEND money,NOT TAKE money out of the system, !!!
Old 21-06-16, 04:22 PM   #82
theenglishman

Those living abroad have everything to fear. If we leave their status will be indeterminate - any residency rights will be null and void if we leave. Access to recripicated healthcare arrangements will end. Etc etc.
theenglishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-16, 04:26 PM   #83
Trev B

Reciprocated health care is for emergency care only using an E111,try and have a baby,major surgery or dentistry in Spain and believe me you WILL get a bill !!!
Old 21-06-16, 04:35 PM   #84
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theenglishman View Post
Those living abroad have everything to fear. If we leave their status will be indeterminate - any residency rights will be null and void if we leave. Access to recripicated healthcare arrangements will end. Etc etc.
nope. at the very severe end they will either have to become a resident of the place they stay or get visa's. UK passport holing citizens will no doubt be granted dual citizenship and visa versa. i dont think for one second that current UK/EU residents living/working in Europe/UK have anything to fear. its not like we are going to kick out all the people from the EU who live here now is it.

we are not holding a referendum to have a war with the EU and a lot of what is current will still apply. you cant just break a partnership overnight it will take decades to sort things out if we leave.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-16, 04:49 PM   #85
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev B View Post
Those living abroad have nothing to fear,you go to Spain and see if you get any benefits,house,changes in law,free medical care of any kind,NOTHING is what you get,most who go to Spain are retired with an income or pension that keep themselves,the Spanish only like the many Europeans and Scandinavians because they SPEND money,NOT TAKE money out of the system, !!!
You speak as if you think we have never left this island and been to the rest of Europe. The Brits are cracking their pants, that live abroad.

You should have the '300' as relatives abroad ... Difficult not to know about European living

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-16, 04:55 PM   #86
Trev B

As I said earlier I'm not going to get in any arguments,what I've said is my opinion,I fear for others,not myself,!!!
Old 21-06-16, 06:44 PM   #87
Bri w

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
Is it just me taking things far too simply but I find most of the out things come back to immigration and the rise of xenophobia and the growing surge of fascism that is spreading across Europe as a whole.

It seems to be growing everywhere as Trumps rise seems to be along the same lines.

Maybe I'm just taking things to simply or its what I'm seeing in the media.
Yep, you're simple.

Seriously though, I totally agree. I have a bit of a leaning towards OUT, although voting IN, but imagine if the far right got in on the back of this. What laws would our own right-wingers bring in 5 yrs down the road. Blue eyed people to the gas chamber?

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-16, 08:27 PM   #88
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
Is it just me taking things far too simply but I find most of the out things come back to immigration and the rise of xenophobia and the growing surge of fascism that is spreading across Europe as a whole.

It seems to be growing everywhere as Trumps rise seems to be along the same lines.

Maybe I'm just taking things to simply or its what I'm seeing in the media.
I think you are absolutely spot on with the observation. I have thought the same thing for a while now. The relentless slide to the right fills me with horror and makes me actually very fearful that we are sleepwalking into a situation which may very well result in armed civil conflict in the not too distant future unless we all come to our senses. An unlikely scenario? I would guess that the people in late 20s/early 30s Germany thought it unlikely too.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-16, 09:02 PM   #89
garynortheast
Mega Poster

On reflection I may have been better citing the Balkans as an example.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-16, 10:02 PM   #90
Teejayexc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri w View Post
Yep, you're simple.

Seriously though, I totally agree. I have a bit of a leaning towards OUT, although voting IN, but imagine if the far right got in on the back of this. What laws would our own right-wingers bring in 5 yrs down the road. Blue eyed people to the gas chamber?
Nah, just those north of Hadrian's wall.
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote