SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-11-21, 06:04 PM   #2701
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
ohh look its funded by the EU.. money making scheme for people who cant get a real job..

why in the last 6 months is this all coming to a head? well there is nothing else that these asswipes can scam.

i'm all for helping the environment so why dont the powers that be tell supermarkets to stop using plastics which are the worst thing there is for the environment including the making of them. simple answer... MONEY.. they would rather side track the public into something else than tell the real truth. it would take a year to cut plastic usage to 10% of what it is now.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 08:05 PM   #2702
redtrummy

Everyone has to draw their own line. Being tight its easy for me to try and preserve what I have and not waste. (67 Cub 99 Suzy 03 car - we wont mention the age of my pushbikes!

Direction has to come from governments, we used to manage without plastic and we could do it again, but commercial pressure and government self interest stacks the cards against us.
It really pi---- me of when they preach one thing then do the exact opposite. BoJo thinks its his God given right to jump in a private plane so he wont be late for tea. Ursula von der Leyen jumps onto a private jet to travel 31 miles apparently - I could go on and on - But as Joni Mitchell wrote 'You don't know what you have until its gone' (Big Yellow Taxi')
I just don't want it on my conscience. Some things are changing- just not fast enough
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 08:39 PM   #2703
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
I managed a 1.35 mile walk today to express my support for the climate cause
Good man for taking some supporting action. Numbers are going to be important in making politicians realise that folks are tired of empty promises and a lack of proper actions.

Absolutely astonishing turnouts in Glasgow over the last two days. 25,000 yesterday for the Fridays for future march (they were only expecting 8000) and early reports are suggesting over 100,000 today for the Global Day of Action. There were some pretty large turnouts in other cities too, quite a few thousand in Cardiff, similarly in London, Birmingham, Norwich etc.
Many inspirational, articulate, and passionate speakers from all over the world as well, with some heart rending accounts of many indigenous people being murdered trying to defend their lands from oil, logging, and mining interests.

I think we are going to see the pace, intensity, and frequency of protest increase globally now as more and more people realise where we are headed if we don't deal with this climate and environmental crisis.

And no, I will not engage in futile conversations about whether it's real (it is) or whether it's too late. I have no intention of sitting on my @rse and allowing this situation to envelope me and my kids without fighting back in whatever way I can.

Last edited by garynortheast; 06-11-21 at 08:53 PM.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 08:01 AM   #2704
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Bore da/Good morning orgers. A bit grey out there but there's a bit of a funny light, looks like the sun is trying to break through the clouds.
Old 09-11-21, 09:11 AM   #2705
Craig380
Mega Poster

Morning Gary. Still got a steeeenkeeeng head cold (as have my wife & son) but sinus irrigation** helps.

(** I think I saw Sinus Irrigation play one of the minor stages at Glastonbury 1986)
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 09:26 AM   #2706
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Morning Gary. Still got a steeeenkeeeng head cold (as have my wife & son) but sinus irrigation** helps.

(** I think I saw Sinus Irrigation play one of the minor stages at Glastonbury 1986)
Supported, if I recall correctly, by Mucus and the Membranes!

Hope the cold clears up quickly Craig. I'm just recovering from a cold too.
Old 09-11-21, 07:06 PM   #2707
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

What is it with colds right now? Lady Poppy is just getting over one right now. I mean, I know the seasons are changing but even so, everyone seems to have one and I'm almost feeling left out...
Old 09-11-21, 07:18 PM   #2708
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I'll package a viral sample up for you Trev, if you're that keen!
Old 11-11-21, 08:06 PM   #2709
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Evening Orgers.....
Old 11-11-21, 10:39 PM   #2710
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
What is it with colds right now? Lady Poppy is just getting over one right now. I mean, I know the seasons are changing but even so, everyone seems to have one and I'm almost feeling left out...
You can have mine
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote