SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-03-21, 08:07 PM   #101
svenrico

Default Re: The Covid19 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I had mine a week and a half ago now and have had the occaisional day feeling lethargic and a bit run down. A couple of nights of feversish sleeps too. Yesterday I felt awful. Very run down and had that feeling where your chest aches a bit and you can really feel where your lungs are. Also an achy neck and shoulders. Hopefully means it's having some effect.
I am not a doctor but maybe you should get your heart checked out.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-21, 09:36 PM   #102
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

My heart is the reason I got the vaccination early.

+ Feeling much better today.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-21, 12:19 PM   #103
DJ123
Mega Poster

In had my first Jab today - AZ dose. I certainly feel pretty crap straight after; chills/fever fairly soon after & a headache. plus a very dead arm too! Hopefully by tonight/overnight i'll feel more normal again.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-21, 12:31 PM   #104
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

I had my AZ just over 3 weeks ago. No real side effects to speak of except a little bit of sore muscle around my knee joints but that may not be related.

My 10 penn'th.
Old 20-03-21, 10:18 AM   #105
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
In had my first Jab today - AZ dose. I certainly feel pretty crap straight after; chills/fever fairly soon after & a headache. plus a very dead arm too! Hopefully by tonight/overnight i'll feel more normal again.
The next day i was feeling a bit better, but felt a bit run down. Today (2 days after) i feel fine - still a bit of a sore arm, but the rest of me feels normal.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-21, 12:04 AM   #106
svenrico

Any bets that the EU won't c**k up the whole vaccination programme in the UK and those of us who have had the first dose won't now get the second dose in the required time !
Old 25-03-21, 12:29 AM   #107
svenrico

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant66 View Post
The UK signed the contract with AZ a day later than the EU signed theirs.
https://www.politico.eu/article/the-...eca-contracts/
'The U.K. contract was signed on August 28, while the EU’s was signed a day earlier on August 27.
However, the key lies in an earlier agreement that AstraZeneca made back in May with the U.K., which was a binding deal establishing “the development of a dedicated supply chain for the U.K.,” an AstraZeneca spokesperson said.
One official close to the U.K. contract said the agreement began as an email in April from the U.K. government saying it would provide £65 million to help the University of Oxford execute its production plan. It later evolved into a fully-fledged contract between the government and the British-Swedish company, which also might explain why it took until August for the contract to be signed.
Most important, however, is that it meant that the British government was “effectively a major shareholder” in the jab’s development as early as April. After Oxford and AstraZeneca agreed to team up at the end of April, for example, the British government filled seats on Oxford-AstraZeneca joint liaison committees. 'end of QUOTE
Sounds to me like the EU have made a pig's ear of it and they are now trying to change the rules.
ps apparently Italian police have seized a consignment of AZ vaccines they thought was destined for Mexico and Canada when it was actually going to EU countries. What right have they to do that anyway wherever it was going ?!
pps and why are they now referring to the 'UK variant' of the virus, as if Britain is responsible for it. I thought it came from China!

Last edited by Luckypants; 25-03-21 at 07:59 AM.
Old 28-03-21, 10:09 PM   #108
svenrico

Am I jumping the gun ? I had it in my mind that I could start riding again tomorrow without fear of being fined or whatever but now I am not sure about 'stay at home' or ' essential travel only' still being applicable !!!
Old 28-03-21, 10:44 PM   #109
svenrico

'Changes on 29 March
Social contact
The evidence shows that it is safer for people to meet outdoors rather than indoors. And this is why from 29 March, when most schools start to break up for the Easter holidays, outdoor gatherings (including in private gardens) of either 6 people (the Rule of 6) or 2 households will also be allowed, making it easier for friends and families to meet outside.

Business and activities
Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis and basketball courts, and open-air swimming pools, will also be allowed to reopen, and people will be able to take part in formally organised outdoor sports.

Travel
The ‘stay at home’ rule will end on 29 March
but many restrictions will remain in place. People should continue to work from home where they can and minimise the number of journeys they make where possible, avoiding travel at the busiest times and routes. Travel abroad will continue to be prohibited, other than for a small number of permitted reasons. Holidays abroad will not be allowed, given it will remain important to manage the risk of imported variants and protect the vaccination programme. The government has launched a new taskforce to review global travel which will report on 12 April.'
Old 28-03-21, 10:46 PM   #110
embee
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
'The U.K. contract was signed on August 28, while the EU’s was signed a day earlier on August 27.
However, the key lies in an earlier agreement that AstraZeneca made back in May with the U.K., which was a binding deal establishing.......

Sounds to me like the EU have made a pig's ear of it and they are now trying to change the rules.

..... and why are they now referring to the 'UK variant' of the virus, as if Britain is responsible for it. I thought it came from China!
An agreement was made between AZ and the EU commission in June 2020, prior to the contract of August, according to https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...no-profit.html

The argument was that AZ signed the contract with the EU including two critical clauses, as described in https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56486733
I have read the EU/AZ contract and these items are stated categorically, and AZ signed up to them.
Viz.
"They say the EU-AstraZeneca contract promised:
to ensure vaccine deliveries to the EU using production facilities in both the EU and UK
an assurance from AstraZeneca that it had no other contracts which could get in the way of it fulfilling its commitments to the EU"

I guess the variants are referred to by country of origin for simplicity, UK/South Africa/Brazil. They have scientific references for precision. I have not seen or heard any discussion regarding the coincidence that the 3 variants which appear to be of concern are the UK/SA/Brazil and AZ carried out their trials in UK/SA/Brazil. Pure coincidence I am sure. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...661-1/fulltext

Last edited by embee; 28-03-21 at 10:48 PM.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote