SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-10-21, 06:43 PM   #391
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Covid19 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
So what can we do about it ?
the first step is to write to your MP stating your opposition (and why), explain the Bill to your friends and get them to write, too. MPs are there to represent you (supposedly).
Old 03-11-21, 08:25 PM   #392
garynortheast
Mega Poster

had my Covid booster this morning. Feeling just a little bit iffy but ok. Main gripe is that top of my arm now aches.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-21, 07:51 PM   #393
Seeker
Mega Poster

On reddit there is a sub-reddit called the HermanCain Award. He was a Republican (Trump supporter) that refused to wear a mask, caught covid and died. The award is given frequently to anti-vaxxers who have usually posted about how they are not a sheep and won't wear masks or get vaccinated because it's against their human rights, they then post from the ICU asking for prayers and, subsequently, die.
Similarly, I've just read an article from a respiratory doctor bemoaning the fact that our NHS ICUs are being filled with anti-vaxxers.

What angers me is how it now makes me feel - I have no sympathy for these people and have caught myself thinking "good" when another (moron) passes away. I didn't use to be like this and it's a side of me I don't like.

What is wrong with people that ignore scientific advice and get their directions from social media. Are people really that stupid? I was vaccinated but still caught the virus but I'm alive because, perhaps, I trusted the virologists and listened to their advice. I have to consider, though, that I'm a bad person because of my lack of tolerance for idiots.
I had my booster today.

Last edited by Seeker; 21-11-21 at 09:04 PM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-21, 09:27 PM   #394
SV650rules
Mega Poster

65% of people in hospital with Covid have been double jabbed, that means that only 35% of Covid patients in Hospital in UK are un-vaccinated... So maybe the vaccines not so effective after all

https://fullfact.org/health/economis...nation-status/

There are no rabid anti-vaxxers, there are only rabid triple masked pro-vaxxers who want to make it legal to pump untested mRNA into humans who do not want it ( mRNA technology has been known

about for over 30 years but was never licenced for human use except on terminally ill cancer patients - until now, and the side-effects are not being published ).

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 21-11-21 at 09:32 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-21, 10:13 PM   #395
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
65% of people in hospital with Covid have been double jabbed, that means that only 35% of Covid patients in Hospital in UK are un-vaccinated... So maybe the vaccines not so effective after all

There are no rabid anti-vaxxers, there are only rabid triple masked pro-vaxxers who want to make it legal to pump untested mRNA into humans who do not want it ( mRNA technology has been known

about for over 30 years but was never licenced for human use except on terminally ill cancer patients - until now, and the side-effects are not being published ).
sigh, more conspiracy theories?
Besides, AZ isn't an mRNA vaccine, nor is Johnson&Johnson they are modified adenovirus. which have been studied since the 70s.

Plus nearly 90% of patients in North East London's ICU are not fully vaccinated
https://www.bartshealth.nhs.uk/news/...ccinated-11544

Netherlands report similarly:
https://www.rivm.nl/en/news/4-in-5-c...not-vaccinated

Between Jan and July 2021 there were 640 vaccinated deaths in UK which was 1.2% of covid deaths (51281).

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ryand2july2021

I'd say the vaccines were working well and if you're not vaccinated get jabbed asap.
Old 21-11-21, 11:29 PM   #396
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
On reddit there is a sub-reddit called the HermanCain Award. He was a Republican (Trump supporter) that refused to wear a mask, caught covid and died. The award is given frequently to anti-vaxxers who have usually posted about how they are not a sheep and won't wear masks or get vaccinated because it's against their human rights, they then post from the ICU asking for prayers and, subsequently, die.
Similarly, I've just read an article from a respiratory doctor bemoaning the fact that our NHS ICUs are being filled with anti-vaxxers.

What angers me is how it now makes me feel - I have no sympathy for these people and have caught myself thinking "good" when another (moron) passes away. I didn't use to be like this and it's a side of me I don't like.

What is wrong with people that ignore scientific advice and get their directions from social media. Are people really that stupid? I was vaccinated but still caught the virus but I'm alive because, perhaps, I trusted the virologists and listened to their advice. I have to consider, though, that I'm a bad person because of my lack of tolerance for idiots.
I had my booster today.
your a media wh0re.......
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-21, 08:14 AM   #397
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
your a media wh0re.......
maybe,

and to prove your point, here's an article on 300 years of protests over vaccines with a nice cartoon showing how the smallpox vaccine can turn you into a cow (from which it was originally derived).

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02671-0

... but at least I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I am concerned over my lack of compassion when antivaxxers subsequently die, which was the point of my initial post.
All drugs have side effects, aspirin can make your stomach bleed, ibuprofen (and all nsaids) can cause heart attacks but I bet antivaxxers gulp them down. Step on a rusty nail? Get a tetanus shot - who wants lockjaw? What's in it, no idea. Trust the science? Yes.

Does medical science screw up? Of course - thalidomide springs to mind.

I had my (Pfizer) booster yesterday and still cannot hear Bill Gates nor feel strangely drawn to 5G cell towers nor download Windows 11 - maybe that comes later.

btw it's "you're" not "your"
Old 22-11-21, 08:54 AM   #398
SV650rules
Mega Poster

I know AZ is not mRNA, that is why i was happy to accept it ( 2 doses ) but since Sarah Gilbert ( Oxford Professor of immunology involved in AZ vaccine ) said publicly that boosters were not needed and could do more harm than good it seems the NHS do not seem to offer AZ, they only offer ( in our area ) Pfizer and Moderna, which is why I will not be getting a booster anytime soon.. I know the government spent £Billions on mega-expensive Pfizer etc, but do they really need to use up the excess vaccines jabbing 5 year olds ?

The vaccines against smallpox, polio etc work because that virus is very stable and can actually be wiped out in human population if enough get vaccinated, but coronavirus mutate very easily and most experts ( except the tame government ones ) advise NOT vaccinating during a pandemic because it causes the virus to mutate more quickly, just like overuse of antibiotics has caused highly resistant bacteria. In the normal course of things the most virulent virus strains, the oner that kill their host will die out, because by killing their host they limit their own spread, and the milder variants will take over because by not killing their host they spread further and faster, which is a good strategy, and getting immunity against the milder variants gives long lasting protections against other strains ( like cowpox gave protection against smallpox ). I actually think the world has gone crazy in their thinking on this subject, with governments calling in the army to quell protests.....

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
Old 22-11-21, 09:46 AM   #399
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'm not a tin hatter nor a conspiracy theorist nor anti-vaticination. i'm sensible and due to heart problems i will not take the covid vaccine. covid if im not mistaken is a form of flu. but according to you i'm a moron for not taking the jab. i have never had a flu jab either. if i die tomorrow from covid then so be it, its been a good life. i do take precautions when out and about, you would be daft not to.

its all blown out of proportion by the media and the only real way to tell if hospital beds are taken up with people dying of covid is to actually go to there and find out. not to listen or read that they are.

getting the jab DOES NOT stop you getting covid, the only thing it might do is lessen the severity. if im not mistaken getting the jab can cause you to be a carrier and not know so whats safer people showing and having symptoms or hiding them and passing the virus on.

i also don't watch then news and haven't read a newspaper in 30 years. i think that makes me unbiased.

who the real morons are, are the people who have been jabbed and now think that they cant get covid so go out to film theatres, concerts, gyms and swimming etc.etc.

covid is here to stay and is going to kill people and there is absolutely nothing that can be done. the more you vaccinate people the more resilient the virus will get.

oohh and i may be dyslecit but far from stupid.

according to the symptoms i have had covid twice....... i'm still here. maybe the third time will be my last but as i said i dont care, i have had a decent life up to now.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-21, 10:01 AM   #400
SV650rules
Mega Poster

By 'flattening the curve' to save the NHS the curve has been prolonged into the future, look at past virus behaviour and they die out as the less virulent strains take over, but by vaccinating everybody, their 5 year old and maybe their dog next it has skewed the path of this virus. The lockdowns have caused untold damage to peoples health, so we have a lot of 'deaths postponed' in the pipeline, and they may well exceed the dodgy 'died from covid' figures. Problem is, future deaths caused by our response to covid will just get lumped into, died from cancer, died from heart disease etc and may not be ascribed to the ham-fisted response to covid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
maybe,
All drugs have side effects, aspirin can make your stomach bleed,

I have read credible reports than many of the victims of 1918 flu died from aspirin poisoning, Bayer pushed Aspirin as the magic bullet to cure the flu, but they were giving patients doses big enough to kill an Ox.
Of course Bayer rubbed their hands all the way to the bank, which is what Pfizer is doing now ( AZ vaccines were sold at cost and freely licensed for other companies to make ). I have also read that Pfizer was one of the companies who were involved in paying Wuhan lab to investigate coronavirus from bats - that was as early as 2015... So you manufacture a virus then make an eye-watering amount of money selling an expensive vaccine against that virus.

Last edited by SV650rules; 22-11-21 at 10:09 AM.