SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 04-02-22, 05:40 PM   #1
CheGuevara

Default First trackdays of the year booked...

I'm at Cadwell March 22nd and 23rd. Is anyone else going?

Still trying to work out the logistics of getting there/back, and staying overnight...
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 08:52 AM   #2
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Default Re: First trackdays of the year booked...

'The Splash' is a nice pub with decent food only a car park though (we just chained a couple of bikes together) stayed last year. I've also stayed at 'The old school' which is a B&B, couple also run an MX team and garage the bike.

Closer to the track than Louth - which shuts down at around 9:30pm.

I'm going later in the year.
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 02:08 PM   #3
CheGuevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltonSte View Post
'The Splash' is a nice pub with decent food only a car park though (we just chained a couple of bikes together) stayed last year. I've also stayed at 'The old school' which is a B&B, couple also run an MX team and garage the bike.

Closer to the track than Louth - which shuts down at around 9:30pm.

I'm going later in the year.

Good tip, thanks! I was thinking I might camp (and how miserable that might be if the weather is crap), but will ring The Old School in the AM
Old 06-02-22, 09:25 PM   #4
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

https://www.theoldschoolbandblincoln...he-old-school/
Old 15-03-22, 09:16 AM   #5
CheGuevara

Booked at The Old School next week - Tues and Weds at Cadwell. Looking like it's going to be a bit chilly. I have two sets of wheels - I'm debating whether to turn up with the Road 5's on, or the Super Corsa's (with tyre warmers, assuming I can get the POS generator working). Smart money might be start the day on the Road 5's and see how it goes (the Hairpin down to Barn scares the s#!t out of me when it's damp/cold ).
Old 16-03-22, 12:42 PM   #6
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

I booked for July - Snetterton in Aug.

Couple of track days back we'd had it warm and dry then it started raining just before the last session. Noped right out of that.

I really need to learn to hang off, I tend to just move my upper body off. Last year I'd been pootling in the cautious group as it was a new bike. Went out with the faster inters lads and was grinding pegs and foot levers everywhere.
Old 16-03-22, 03:05 PM   #7
CheGuevara

Test-fit the SV on the new (to me, otherwise scabby and old, but sound) trailer. Also test-fit the new tail section (BB Plastics - looks good I reckon). Will be a busy few days to get that properly mounted, and the electrics tucked away, and the exhaust fit, the rest of the bodywork re-fit, chassis bolts checked for torque and so on.

Old 24-03-22, 11:23 AM   #8
CheGuevara

Brilliant two days at Cadwell, and completely lucked out with the weather! Met a couple other SV riders on day 2, but neither on this forum. Struggling to get up and down the stairs today my legs are so sore

On day two had some coaching from Lee Johnston and Ian Simpson Both genuinely nice guys - loads of helpful information and advice. Not sure I'm all that much faster yet, but plenty to work on.

@BoltonSte - thanks for the tip on the Old School B&B - was lovely - would definitely stay there again.

Even spotted a very tidy example of my all time favourite car in the parking lot

Last edited by CheGuevara; 24-03-22 at 01:22 PM.
Old 29-03-22, 06:12 PM   #9
triumph

Hi Che
How did you find the riding position with the bb subframe? I've put one on my minitwin but really struggled to get my (aging) leg over the thing! I've ended up getting some ally plates welded on the mounting points so I can drop ita bit
triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-22, 06:30 PM   #10
CheGuevara

I love it, but my goal was to increase the space between the pegs and seat (I'm near 6'4"), as my aging knees were protesting. I topped off the FRP seat with 20mm foam to gain a little more space even. It's worked out well enough for me that I'm going to sell off the original parts. The seat->peg distance isn't an issue for me so much on street riding, but I'm hoping to more track days anyhow, now I'm no longer traveling to work regularly (I bought it a couple of months before the 1st lockdown to commute on).

One of the other guys I met at Cadwell was more average height, and had swapped his "Moto2" seat (same as what I'm using) to a CBR one I think, as he found it a bit lower. I'm pretty sure he was still using the same subframe as me though.