SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-06-05, 04:09 PM   #1
TC3

Default An ok deal?

Just been to see my local Suzuki dealer and he will do me the SVS for 4500 with 200 quid worth of accessories. I will use that to get the R&G mushrooms which they do, ground hog 3 anchor, tank protector and maybe a tail pack. I am also getting a good trade in for my bike. So that an ok deal?

They will fit the alarm, hugger and whatever other accessories free off course and they suggessted to forget the Suzuki alarm and go with a better one for the same price that is thatcham approved but i forgotten the make (actually i was not listening as i was drooling at the bike)

Going for the blue bike. Looks much better in the flesh than in the pics so now i just gotta pass my test.....
Old 08-06-05, 04:20 PM   #2
chutz

can't tell you where but a bloke at work mentioned new svs(blue only) going for 3300 and 3500 depending on faired or unfaired. Do a web search and see what else you can find as he may be talking out of his a*** though. Sounds a little high to me anyway
Old 08-06-05, 04:34 PM   #3
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutz
can't tell you where but a bloke at work mentioned new svs(blue only) going for 3300 and 3500 depending on faired or unfaired. Do a web search and see what else you can find as he may be talking out of his a*** though. Sounds a little high to me anyway
Probably is talking out of his ass

You can get the SVS for 3999 near me but that is a pre reg 04 model. Nothing wrong with that but i want the black wheels and frame. I tried some other dealers not so close and they wanted to give me less for my part ex and 100 quid of accessories so the deal is about the same. My dealer is 10 mins from me and they have a good rep so i am thinking might be better sticking close to home.
Old 08-06-05, 04:38 PM   #4
Itching 2 go

well, we are doing sv650's sk5's at £4199 so £4500 seems a little high to me and the thing about giving you £200 worth of accessories is a cop out to give you less, you honestly think they are giving you £200? try £120ish!
Old 08-06-05, 04:56 PM   #5
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itching 2 go
well, we are doing sv650's sk5's at £4199 so £4500 seems a little high to me and the thing about giving you £200 worth of accessories is a cop out to give you less, you honestly think they are giving you £200? try £120ish!
I know the accessories would cost me 200 quid and not the dealer. If you buy a new bike dont you have to get it serviced for the first time at the place you purchase it? You guys are in Surrey which is a bit of a ride from Stevenage just to get the bike serviced. If it needed warranty work i know i could take it to my local dealer but i always thought you get better looked after at the place you buy the bike assuming the dealer is a good un.
Old 08-06-05, 05:00 PM   #6
Itching 2 go

I am not saying come and but it off us, you can if you like, all I am saying is that you are getting ripped off it you pay more than £4200 at the moment.
Old 08-06-05, 05:13 PM   #7
TC3

Quote:
I am not saying come and but it off us, you can if you like, all I am saying is that you are getting ripped off it you pay more than £4200 at the moment.
Ok cheers...when i am ready to get the bike i will get a better deal sorted..if not there some place else..can not do anything till i have my license
Old 08-06-05, 09:04 PM   #8
chutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3
Quote:
I know the accessories would cost me 200 quid and not the dealer. If you buy a new bike dont you have to get it serviced for the first time at the place you purchase it? You guys are in Surrey which is a bit of a ride from Stevenage just to get the bike serviced. If it needed warranty work i know i could take it to my local dealer but i always thought you get better looked after at the place you buy the bike assuming the dealer is a good un.
and make sure they only charge you for the oil and filter...not labour

And put a mark on the old filter so you can tell if they changed it or not

Call me paranoid but it wouldn't be the 1st time they didn't bother
Old 09-06-05, 07:31 AM   #9
T0mm0

Hi,

I bought my SV650S K4 from Sturdeys Motorcycles for £3899 and a fair part-ex on my GS500. I've just looked in Autotrader.co.uk and they're selling the K5 model with black frame and wheels for £4199 with the usual 2 years warranty.

Hope you find the bike you're after.

Cheers
T0mm0
Old 09-06-05, 10:33 AM   #10
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

My gut reaction is that your deal is too expensive.
But I admit Im a tight bustard and wouldnt pay their prices for anything