SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

EuroTour An area to discuss potential European trips, and to ask advice about long distance touring.

Old 04-10-07, 10:12 PM   #1
ejohnh

Default JUne Tour Ports to Caen etc accommodations?

WE are planning a france/spain tour june 2008 and want to know how much to expect to pay for no frills accommodation in France and Northern Spain.

General route is Caen/Tours/Clermont Ferrand/MIllau/Barcelona/Pamplona/Santander.

Any?
Old 06-10-07, 05:55 PM   #2
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default Re: JUne Tour Ports to Caen etc accommodations?

We stayed at the Hotel Monegal in Barcelona. Not cheapy cheap, but right at the top of Los Ramblas. You can check it out on the website below.
http://www.mediumhoteles.com/ingles/website.htm

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 02:56 AM   #3
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Default Re: JUne Tour Ports to Caen etc accommodations?

Lucky you.

Most accomodation in Spain is inexpensive compared to UK. Quality 3star accom is the price of some decreped UK B&B. We booked a 1star hotel last year in Valencia €50 a room bang in the middle of the town. Spotless.

Being a paranoid android, I nearly always get a hotel with secure parking. IBIS has this plus a standard of room that you do not need to worry about,(dble bed/en suite/parking/air-con/free swedger). I can honestly say the standard of hotel in Spain is the highest for the money I have experienced in Western Europe. NEVER had a bad one.

For us , €60-€80 for 2/3/4star accom France or Spain in the big towns/cities. I got the missus so she wants a certain standard of room. Hosteles and Pensions are much cheaper still but great value and standard. I would rather feckin tent-it in the UK!

If you are going to the GP in Barcelona I would book ahead for peace of mind. Tons of choice. Montmelo is where the "madness" happens on the fri/sat before the race. Leave your end-cans in your rooms

Please, please do Banyuls-sur-mer(i think) - Tossa del mar . Part of the N260( the best road in the world,probably. Any of it). Blow yer feckin mind!

Lucky you!

STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote