SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-05-14, 03:15 PM   #91
Brettus

Default Re: The concert / gig thread

Yeah considering this was the venue:

I dropped pretty lucky with the seating (I'm not one for standing up)
They didn't play Copy of A which is a shame as I'd really liked that after starting listening again. Did get "Somewhat Damaged" though http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-i...-6bc08eca.html

Jealous though, you got "The Wretched" though, really wanted to see that.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-14, 04:05 PM   #92
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default The concert / gig thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
I fed my addiction for Japanese girl punk bands and went to see Shonen Knife in Leeds a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed them.

F0r the encore they murdered a Carpenters song. (music starts about 1.10)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...BC6B6577%21105

Linky no worky.

Sent via the medium of interpretative dance.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-14, 07:34 AM   #93
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettus View Post
Yeah considering this was the venue:

I dropped pretty lucky with the seating (I'm not one for standing up)
They didn't play Copy of A which is a shame as I'd really liked that after starting listening again. Did get "Somewhat Damaged" though http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-i...-6bc08eca.html

Jealous though, you got "The Wretched" though, really wanted to see that.
Aha! The truth revealed LOL. What a big "club!"

Its refreshing that a band of that size mixes up their setlists for each gig. Mr Reznor keeping folk on their toes as usual.
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-14, 10:11 AM   #94
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I am off to see Damon Albarn at the Royal Albert Hall tonight. I'm actually rather exited.

It's the second of 2 shows. De La Soul and Graham Coxon are joining him, Brian Eno turned up at last night's show too. Albarn didn't do that much from his current solo album but instead played a mixture of his own stuff, Blur, Gorillaz, The Good The Bad and The Queen and some Mali music. It's a reminder of how diverse his talent is, it goes way beyond Parklife. So out should be good.

It also makes me feel a bit old. I first saw Blur play in a student bar in the very early 90s in Essex. Damon Albarn was one of the prettiest things I'd ever seen. 25 years later he's looking a little rough around the edges, (and so so do I) though his big green eyes still do it for me.

Here's what I looked like back then!

Last edited by Littlepeahead; 16-11-14 at 10:13 AM.
Littlepeahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-14, 06:51 PM   #95
Brettus

Oops forgot about this thread, currently in the queue for Seether in Birmingham. Was here two weeks ago for Twin Atlantic and two days before that Black Stone Cherry in LG arena.

Tis the concert season apparently.

Three weeks till Biffy Clyro hometown gigs too! (Woot!)
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
Old 16-11-14, 06:57 PM   #96
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I like Seether, listened to a couple of their tracks on my shuffle list on the way up. My shuffle list does Mr LPH's head in. Lenny Kravitz, Slipknot, The Feeling, Prodigy, Moulin Rouge ost track, Soundgarden, Take That, Queen, Alice In Chains, Erasure then Korn. He can't work out how I can like all of it, and worse still sing along.
Old 16-11-14, 07:17 PM   #97
Brettus

Hah I can relate to that eclectic collection pretty well. With some country music thrown in for good measure! enjoy Damon, bet it's a good show, saw gorillaz live a few years ago, was pretty cool despite not being quite my choice.
Quote:
Old 17-09-15, 08:14 PM   #98
haggis

Thread resurrection alert!

Secured our tickets for Muse at the SSE Hydro, yesterday morning, thanks to advance fan club sales. Hotel booked too, so roll on April for a couple of nights in Glasgow town.

How stressful is Ticketmaster sometimes. The website is so clunky, thought I had lost out again as we couldn't get tickets for their Barrowlands gig in the spring, gutted. It sold out in seconds.
Old 17-09-15, 10:13 PM   #99
munkygunn182

I'm tempted by the hydro - I was on skye yesterday...- but isn't it like £70 a ticket?
Old 18-09-15, 10:37 AM   #100
Stenno

Saw Kill It Kid two nights ago. They're from Bath and pretty decent I think yet the Scala in Kings X was half empty, shame!

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.