SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-07-14, 08:55 PM   #1
Stenno

Default Crashed GSX-R750

So I did a track day on Wednesday at Brands Hatch and had a fantastic morning riding in the sun and chatting to strangers there, as I was on my lonesome!

Then after lunch, coming round Clark Curve, just as I hit the straight, some numpty on a red Honda came up my inside, bumped into me and then bashed my right bar sending me tumbling.

He came and appologised afterwards, once he heard the circuit was looking into the CCTV. Though I didn't quite expect that to be followed up with 'dunno whose fault it was?' I think I was too dumbfounded by his ignorance to get angry.

So now I'm stuck with a wreck of a bike. Tank, exhaust, rear sub frame and plastic are ruined and I've yet to check the forks etc.

Need to weigh up fixing it up, or seeing how much I can get for it as is, if anything!

The way I feel at the moment, I'm not sure if I wanna go back on track! I know I'm just down but I'm aching all over and feel like a man three times my age!

Any advice appreciated.

Old 18-07-14, 09:25 PM   #2
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Default Re: Crashed GSX-R750

That sucks big time mate. Hope things get sorted.
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-14, 09:28 PM   #3
dkid

Sorry to hear this mate. At least you walked away. Any kind of track day insurance policy in place or were you riding at your own risk? Btw, not all red Honda owners are cnuts
Old 18-07-14, 09:34 PM   #4
Dunn-y

That sucks
Old 18-07-14, 11:29 PM   #5
NTECUK
Mega Poster

That is sticking.
Hop your ok
Old 18-07-14, 11:39 PM   #6
Foot

Keep on looking at this and it makes me die a little inside, glad you're okay. A month from now you'll be waiting for your next track day!
Old 19-07-14, 07:35 AM   #7
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Tough luck mate. Being taken out by a complete stranger is relatively rare (as opposed to someone you may not know but have been busy exchanging paint with for the past three laps...). If it helps any the onus is always on the overtaking rider to stay clear so who ever was behind going into the corner should by rights be putting their hand in their pocket, unfortunately not everybody does the right thing and your chances of making them are pretty slim.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-14, 09:09 AM   #8
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Tough luck mate. Being taken out by a complete stranger is relatively rare (as opposed to someone you may not know but have been busy exchanging paint with for the past three laps...). If it helps any the onus is always on the overtaking rider to stay clear so who ever was behind going into the corner should by rights be putting their hand in their pocket, unfortunately not everybody does the right thing and your chances of making them are pretty slim.
Agreed, I bet the guy who took you out thought he is the next Marquez or Pedrosa.

Last track day I went on we had 2 guys undertaking at the 'bombhole' at Snetterton on the first lap of the novices group, pizzed me off because they clearly should have been in the inters group.

Rough luck, at least you're in one piece and not in hospital
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-14, 10:59 AM   #9
SIII
Mega Poster

Angry Re: Crashed GSX-R750

Worst nightmare bud, hurts to look at those pictures

Only thing that spoiled my track day was a pair of d*ckheads that clearly should have been in inters group passing folks up the inside far too quickly. Got passed on the inside going into the gooseneck, scared the beejeesus outta me!

Not sure why someone quick would want to have to swerve around all the slows in novice? Maybe inters is full so they go in novice? Marshalls / instructors should spot these d*cks and either kick them off or move them up.
Old 19-07-14, 11:25 AM   #10
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIII View Post
Not sure why someone quick would want to have to swerve around all the slows in novice? Maybe inters is full so they go in novice? Marshalls / instructors should spot these d*cks and either kick them off or move them up.
Because they have small willy's

Normally they get black flagged & moved up a group, dependent on how full the group is
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote