SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-08-08, 09:33 AM   #1
metalmonkey

Default Insurance (i know again)

Right my insurance is up the end of the month, Express gave me a quote of £490 fully comp, legal cover, Class one business use, insurance excess protection and to pay montly without paying interest.

So is this a good deal? I'm gonna look around, but how much realestically should I be paying with one years NCB, had my licence for a year, the bike is garaged, got a datatool 4 alarm on it, gonna put a ground anchor in I have done a bike safe course. In Harrow, I'm over 25.
Old 16-08-08, 09:36 AM   #2
Biker_Billy

Default Re: Insurance (i know again)

Depends on a lot of variables of course...but..

I'm 30, 1 yrs NCD, garaged - pay 165 fully comp from MCE...

I'd say yours is a bit steep....
Old 16-08-08, 11:38 AM   #3
Neeja

22 years old, bike ungaraged, has Datatool S3 and a disc-lock, 1 year no claims, MCE quoted me £263 TPFT when everwhere else was trying to charge £460+ for the same level of cover (helmet+leathers, legal, breakdown inclusive).

Definitely give them a call - the guy I spoke to was really helpful, answered all my questions, and is going to call me back tonight to finish the deal.
Old 18-08-08, 10:13 PM   #4
metalmonkey

Well after a bit of searching and digging, I got my price down too £260 fully comp, which includes break down cover, UK and Europe and insurance cover in Europe too.

So that seems a lot better, I think the main reason its high is cause I just live outside London, in terms of post code ect.

Anyone had much better?
Old 18-08-08, 10:18 PM   #5
nakedblue650

37, 1st year riding (0 NCB), garaged, basic 148, leathers + 25, full legal + 25, Bennetts. And thats with one fault claim for rear ending an annoying eijot in people carrier!

nb650
Old 18-08-08, 10:24 PM   #6
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedblue650 View Post
37, 1st year riding (0 NCB), garaged, basic 148, leathers + 25, full legal + 25, Bennetts. And thats with one fault claim for rear ending an annoying eijot in people carrier!

nb650
Is that comp insurance? Yup I live in a city so bounds to make it more!
Old 18-08-08, 10:37 PM   #7
nakedblue650

Fully comp, euorpean cover upto 90 days per trip and roadside rescue plus (whatever that actually does!).

But silver haired (37) and good postcode I guess. Oh! and they probably agree that the MPV needed my van through its back doors!

nb650
Old 19-08-08, 07:27 AM   #8
AndyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
Anyone had much better?
£99 fully comp
(I have 0 NCB, am 22 years old and live nowhere near to london (not sure why people think this makes a difference?))
Old 19-08-08, 09:21 AM   #9
nakedblue650

Quote:
£99 fully comp
(I have 0 NCB, am 22 years old and live nowhere near to london (not sure why people think this makes a difference?))
Wow! Is this due to your soon to come K8 & through Suzuki?

nb650
Old 19-08-08, 09:25 AM   #10
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedblue650 View Post
Wow! Is this due to your soon to come K8 & through Suzuki?

nb650
Would this be the new rider deal?? If so pay extra for the excess insurance and legal cover which is £60 in total still cheap. Living near London or a big city of course it makes a difference higher crime rates ect.