SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

TOTALSV Ireland Forum for SV riders in Ireland

Old 04-05-07, 09:05 PM   #1
thebluelion

Default Tandragee 100

Just home from pratice,did not get there till about 7.30, that Cameron Donald is something else. Bloody ripping i cant get to races tomorrow it is gonna be a cracking days racing.
Aww well got next week to look forward too
Old 04-05-07, 10:10 PM   #2
yvo6

Default Re: Tandragee 100

Robert Dunlop was special down Cooleyhill Road - over the jumps - its like a Moto X section.

That is a spectacular place - amazing the speed of those guys

i parked at Castle corner and took the scenic route - walked thro cow shi$$e, tripped over branches but it was worth it in the end.
Old 04-05-07, 11:55 PM   #3
thebluelion

lol
i ended up in the paddock looking for a friend racing in the classic section his ignition went he was stuck out on the circuit so i missed him
Old 05-05-07, 09:13 PM   #4
thebluelion

Yvo6 just in from work just heard there was a fatality today at the race meet any word who it was? was it a rider or spectator
Old 06-05-07, 08:42 PM   #5
yvo6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluelion View Post
Yvo6 just in from work just heard there was a fatality today at the race meet any word who it was? was it a rider or spectator

It was John Donnan, a really nice man and great rider. I still cannot take it in even though i was there and saw it. It was a very sad day.

My thoughts and prayers are with Johns partner, and family.

RIP John

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...es/6616941.stm

Rider Donnan killed at Tandragee

John Donnan was a former Irish Superbike Champion

The Tandragee 100 motorcycling meeting was abandoned on Saturday following the death of a competitor.
Ardglass rider John Donnan was killed during the Supersport 600 race at the Northern Ireland road racing event.
The 42-year-old crashed at the chicane near the start-finish area when attempting to avoid another competitor.
Donnan's bike was catapulted into the nearby paddock area by the crash and narrowly avoided hitting a number of team officials and spectators.

Donnan was a former Irish Superbike Champion and had also run his own road racing team for a number of seasons. He had competed in motorcycling events for 20 years.
Old 06-05-07, 10:31 PM   #6
thebluelion

Quote:
It was John Donnan, a really nice man and great rider. I still cannot take it in even though i was there and saw it. It was a very sad day.

My thoughts and prayers are with Johns partner, and family.

RIP John

Thanks Yvo6 read it a wee while ago on teletext very sad our thoughts and prayers are with his family too its a sad time.
I lost a mate not very long ago due to a solo bike accident,no other vehicles, he left a wife and three little ones it was heart breaking to see them at the funeral.