SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 01-03-08, 09:31 AM   #1
ged

Default Anyone had a Kriega US20/tail pack

Gone through the list of Tank bags,rucksacks, hard and soft luggage over the years. At the moment i have been using a Knox rucksack, which has been ok for most things except books. Too much weight on the back for me now! So have been looking at this tail pack Kriega US20 on bikestop.co.uk. My questions would be is it easy to live with day in day out? How easy is it to get on the bike? Is a real fiddle to get on and off or is it quick and simple?

Cheers ged
Old 01-03-08, 10:09 AM   #2
the white rabbit

Default Re: Anyone had a Kriega US20/tail pack

Its really easy, but then the straps are left dangling unless you take off seat or whatever to get them out, so 'strap management is required'. Its nice and has a strap so you can carry it. Its big for a normal bike though when full. You can see how big on the pic below, its a topbox for topbox haters really. Maybe PM Jelster think he had one for the Blade which is maybe better advice.

Rich

Last edited by the white rabbit; 01-03-08 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-03-08, 10:34 AM   #3
ged

Do you know how`it would fit on a sv, as the pillion seat is small and by the look of your picture the pack seems long in the body. Its just i could see it maybe rubbing on the tail piece if it spread over the pillion seat. use my bike every day, so pack would end up staying on most times. thanks for the picture. Does it fit most things in(shoes, books,wd40,) and does it have pockets?

Cheers`ged
Old 01-03-08, 11:01 AM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Liz has a US10 I think... it just has two straps that clip round the pillion seat, its really easy to get it on and off, literally a 2 minute job and its definately waterproof to.

Heres a pic of it on her SV. I know its not exactly the same as what you're after, but it oughta give you a good idea of how it fits on the SV

HTH

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 11:22 AM   #5
ged

looks good! thanks for picture. Need to get a few things in like shoes and shirt and wd40 and books. Your picture has helped a lot! Me thinks me might be getting one. If it can take all of the above and sits as nice as your picture shows.
Thanks ged
Old 01-03-08, 02:09 PM   #6
the white rabbit

I think the US 20 will sit very similar to the US 10 but I cant guarantee it. It takes plenty of things.
Old 01-03-08, 07:33 PM   #7
shonadoll

I've got the US10 and love it. It *just* fits my croc shoes in for work, and a book, but it's tight. Very pleased with the quality though, and it's certainly waterproof. There's a guy on ebay that sells them slightly cheaper than I could find online.
Old 03-03-08, 10:54 AM   #8
Al_Sweetman

Got the US20 for Christmas and it's bloody fantastic.... Have to tie it down tight but it's solid - doesn't overhang the standard seat and if it's fully laden (as was this morning with 6 bottles of whiskey from the weekend's whiskey live show mmmmm) it gives the small of your back a nice little cushion

I regularly take gym kit, trainers, towel etc. all fine - with room to spare (including my rather large packed lunch!)... Been using it in all weathers and never had it leak - fantastic design having the separate sealed 'wet bag' idea.

Plenty of space under the pillion seat for the straps - I run the rear strap in the rear indentation in the rear-third of the 'hole under the seat', and the front strap just to the rear of the locking mechanism.

Absolutely top-class storage.

Quote:
is it easy to live with day in day out?
More than - done a weekend tour and can fit everything I needed in, as well as 6 bottles of Erdinger

Quote:
How easy is it to get on the bike? Is a real fiddle to get on and off or is it quick and simple?
Very easy - even with numb fingers. I tend to leave the straps where they are during the week, though, as I use it every day for work - but when they are removed (e.g. when I take t' missus for a ride) it's a 10-second job.

Last edited by Al_Sweetman; 03-03-08 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Re-read original post.
Old 04-03-08, 01:31 PM   #9
ged

Thanks for all of the replies. looks like i am on for getting one. Does look good on the bikes and also glad to hear it goes not shift about when loaded up.

thanks again for pic and info
ged
Old 04-03-08, 01:54 PM   #10
Xan173

I have the US10 on a cbr600rr. It's a top bit of kit.