SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-02-06, 09:07 AM   #1
ayfy

Default Tank bags

I want to buy a small tank bag for my pointy, just wondering if there's any particular ones that wouldn't fit my bike. Been thinking of getting the Oxford Swift which is quite small, thus is doesn't have the flaps that go round the side of the tank and cause my tank has a bit that's raised wasn't sure if the tank bag would fit on. Any other recommendations for small tank bags, I really just want it to put by camcorder in it.
Old 15-02-06, 09:11 AM   #2
will

well i don't know aboiut that particular tank bag, but i have the expandable oxford sports one and it works a treat. don't know how i managed without a tank bag before!
Old 15-02-06, 09:42 AM   #3
thor

Default Re: Tank bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayfy
I want to buy a small tank bag for my pointy, just wondering if there's any particular ones that wouldn't fit my bike. Been thinking of getting the Oxford Swift which is quite small, thus is doesn't have the flaps that go round the side of the tank and cause my tank has a bit that's raised wasn't sure if the tank bag would fit on. Any other recommendations for small tank bags, I really just want it to put by camcorder in it.
If you have a pointy and your tank is standard, there is no problem with that raised bit. The magnets on the flaps work fine (there is no magnet under the bag directly). I have an oxford humback on and it's great. Much better than my old baglux one.
Old 15-02-06, 09:53 AM   #4
TC3

If you mean the oxford sprint tank bag well i use one and it fits the tank fine but u may want to use something like the oxford blanket inbetween the tank and bag to prevent scratching...this goes for all tank bags
Mine holds my phone, camera, palm handheld and a few other things or it can hold a superlink 1.5m english chain and padlock no probs.
Old 15-02-06, 09:55 AM   #5
thor

Good point. I have this

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/online...store/main.htm

to stop the scratches. works pretty well!
Old 15-02-06, 10:37 AM   #6
Jelster

Expensive I know but........

If you're going to run with things like a camcorder in the tank bag, get a Baglux tank cover and suitable tankbag. If you slide down the road the bag will stay in position on your bike, protecting what's inside. I know, I've done it......

Old 15-02-06, 10:46 AM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

Baglux and cover is a great combo, I miss mine... The looks divide opinion, you could say Since I stopped using mine, I'ev been using an Oxforx Humpback, which is big enough for day to day stuff but because of the design, never gets in the way. The design's not great- the handle is at the opposite end from the zip, so if you have anything heavy in it as you carry it around, all the weight is on teh zip (plus, harder to put things in). You'd never see a rucksack with teh zip on the bottom, no idea why Oxford thought this was a good idea

Still, it's basiaclly as unobtrusive as a tankbag gets when it's small, and carries a fair amount of stuff when it's expanded.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-06, 10:49 AM   #8
thor

If you have a blue pointy, my baglux cover and tank bag are up for sale...
Old 15-02-06, 10:53 AM   #9
w.steele

Default tank bag

I have a blue whole tank cover that has straps on that might make it easier for you to attach the bag you have
Old 15-02-06, 12:40 PM   #10
Mogs

I've got Oxford's Sprint and Compact both stick solid to the tank.