SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-12-12, 09:46 AM   #1
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Milton Keynes

My job will be moving to Milton Keynes in February and I can't be bothered with the 75 minute commute on top of a 12 hour shift so looking to move somewhere closer.

I don't know the area at all. Are there any MK residents on here? Could you give me some advice the best areas to live and areas to avoid.

Cheers
L3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-12, 10:05 AM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: Milton Keynes

http://www.smartmoveguides.co.uk/sou...-milton-keynes
Old 16-12-12, 11:24 AM   #3
Lozzo

I'd try and find somewhere in a village just outside MK, the city itself is soul destroying and crime is quite high in certain areas. Avoid Fishermead like the plague, full of scum.
Old 16-12-12, 11:50 AM   #4
L3nny
Mega Poster

I live in a tiny village at the moment and while it's nice for a young(ish) single bloke it's a bit boring.

Would rather somewhere with a bit of nightlife or at least a few decent pubs

I've had a walk around the centre and it's all chain pubs which look a bit rough
L3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-12, 12:09 PM   #5
joshwalker094
Mega Poster

Ask Sv-Rory
He lives down that end
Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
Josh Walker sounds quite an epic name to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
JOSH WALKERRRRRRRRRRRR

joshwalker094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-12, 02:12 PM   #6
tigersaw
Mega Poster

It a long time since I was stationed at Bletchley, but MK was a dump even back then. I do remember some of the villages nearby were nice, like Fenny Stratford, but its been a while.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-12, 02:18 PM   #7
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Don't expect any soul in MK. Bit of a soulless city. Good for some but if you are after decent pubs or owt I'd suggest looking just out of MK. Try Olney, Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford, apsley guise Woburn etc.

The problem with MK is when it was built the worst of the council tenants that lived in London were offered housing in new houses in MK so some bits are fine but just over the dual carriageway can be like stepping into a Third World War zone.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-12, 04:49 PM   #8
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3nny View Post
I live in a tiny village at the moment and while it's nice for a young(ish) single bloke it's a bit boring.
Thought you had a missus
Old 16-12-12, 07:06 PM   #9
L3nny
Mega Poster

Not anymore mate.
Old 17-12-12, 08:24 PM   #10
thulfi

I live in MK, it's not that bad. Acutally I really like it. Been here for more than 15 years.

70mph roads, you can get anywhere really quickly, and some great country roads nearby.

It's very much an American town, so if you like that style it's good. I personally do. I like the open space and the fact I don't have some crummy high street to go to if I wanna go into town.

Like any town there are some really naff areas, but others are really nice. Some of the houses and neighbourhoods around here, you'd think you were in affluent suburban America.

PM me if you want any advice about areas to avoid or to go for. And if you're a youngish single bloke you'll definitely have a lot more fun here in the weekends than your village or any of the other ones around here , unless you're into that whole 'I want a nice cosy pub to chill in and play darts' mallarkey.

edit: Oh and our domino's pizza here closes at 6am, so eat that all you bitter haters .

Last edited by thulfi; 17-12-12 at 08:30 PM.