SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-05-08, 08:38 PM   #1
svrob

Default Insurance - cooling off advice

Hi

I've a bit of an insurance dilema, I get my no claims on 18 May but have bought a second bike and an itching to get out on it, the problem is that I have to wait until the 18th before I can use my no claims and start a multi bike policy. Have looked at ebike and taking out a pay as you go policy on the new bike for one month, the other alternative is to 'use' a cooling of period to get 14 days cover then just start a proper 2 bike policy, does anyone know how this cooling off period works, do you have to take the installments option or can yo pay for the policy then claim a refund and which companies offer it and which refund quickly?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
Old 01-05-08, 10:46 PM   #2
ricky

Default Re: Insurance - cooling off advice

when i did mine with hr insurance i paid the deposit for instalments and then within the 14 days called to say i didnt need it,

i paid a admin fee and the days i had cover for the rest was returned to me, remember they want the paper work back within the first 14 days