SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 01-08-13, 03:57 PM   #11
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: Donnington - Tips Required

My tip is just chill out and enjoy yourself. One of my favorite circuits and big chunks of it are going to be pretty much flat out on an SV. As Phil said be smooth, don't try and make time on the brakes at first, just work on your corner speed and everything else will follow.

ps: just watch out for the bump on the brakes into Goddards, assuming you are using the loop?
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-13, 05:13 AM   #12
Whitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M65 View Post
I got the Moto3 package from Focused Events late last year. 3 trackdays of my choosing as and when I please for £325. Seemed reasonable enough. Donnington will be the last of the 3 after Oulton and Cadwell.
Erm, the only negative things they had to say was about the way the day was run by Focused! They were running 4 groups of 20 min sessions which meant a lot of standing around and a few people in wrong groups who should've been moved around! Hope it goes well for you.

Last edited by Whitty; 02-08-13 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-08-13, 06:13 AM   #13
M65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitty View Post
Erm, the only negative things they had to say was about the way the day was run by Focused! They were running 4 groups of 20 min sessions which meant a lot of standing around and a few people in wrong groups who should've been moved around! Hope it goes well for you.
4 groups is too much. I never bother with days that run 4 groups.