SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-04-22, 11:12 PM   #10581
svenrico

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Another bit of a gripe. If my rear shock absorber replacement is fixed under warranty almost as soon as the part is expected to arrive at the dealer next week , my bike will have been off the road for 4 weeks. If I had still been working and it was my only means of transport that could have been a real problem. Should there be some form of compensation for these sort of situations or the offer of a temporary loan bike ?!!!
As it happens I am retired but even so I didn't buy a brand new bike to not have use of it for a month in Spring.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 06:49 AM   #10582
DJ123
Mega Poster

unfortunately not. Usually warranty claims/fixes have not come back/alley for claiming extra incurred expenses, loss of earning s etc.
Dealer discretion is probably used, and i guess at their cost too.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 12:34 PM   #10583
rowdy

Health and safety.
Literally just nearly ran over a man that went to run out in front of my van, trying to retrieve his safety hat that had blown off his head in the wind. Oh the irony
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 07:27 PM   #10584
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
Health and safety.
Literally just nearly ran over a man that went to run out in front of my van, trying to retrieve his safety hat that had blown off his head in the wind. Oh the irony
Part of me (not surprisingly) wants to laugh at that but I'm sure it put the wind up you at the time (no pun intended).
Old 16-04-22, 10:06 PM   #10585
svenrico

i am losing faith with Suzuki. Replacement shock absorber was supposed to arrive at Suzuki GB on 10th April but still no sign of it. Been off the road over 4 weeks now since Suzuki dealer diagnosed it was faulty. Not what you want with a new bike.I have had at least 10 used bikes since 1997 and none was off the road this length of time for repair. in fact apart from a replacement ignition switch on a Yamaha bulldog and a stator on a kawasaki 900 vulcan I can't think of any other repairs required ,just routine maintenance and servicing.
So much for buying new !
Old 17-04-22, 06:48 AM   #10586
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
i am losing faith with Suzuki. Replacement shock absorber was supposed to arrive at Suzuki GB on 10th April but still no sign of it. Been off the road over 4 weeks now since Suzuki dealer diagnosed it was faulty.
It must be annoying but China is in lockdown, shipping containers are in the wrong places and shipping generally is suffering delays from pandemic related causes. Meanwhile, P&O ferries are still not working 100% and there are big tailbacks at Dover. Somewhere in that mess is your shock.

After an initial issue with my 2016 AL7, it has been fault free and remains the best bike I have owned and far nicer to ride than the Z900RS. Now at 33k miles - I've never owned a bike long enough before to put a flat on the gear lever rubber.

Couldn't you have continued to ride the bike whilst the new shock was on order or was the old shock dangerously bad?
Old 17-04-22, 11:09 PM   #10587
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
It must be annoying but China is in lockdown, shipping containers are in the wrong places and shipping generally is suffering delays from pandemic related causes. Meanwhile, P&O ferries are still not working 100% and there are big tailbacks at Dover. Somewhere in that mess is your shock.

After an initial issue with my 2016 AL7, it has been fault free and remains the best bike I have owned and far nicer to ride than the Z900RS. Now at 33k miles - I've never owned a bike long enough before to put a flat on the gear lever rubber.

Couldn't you have continued to ride the bike whilst the new shock was on order or was the old shock dangerously bad?
it wasn't pleasant riding it ,i thought i had a puncture at first. not sure how dangerous it might be.
Old 20-04-22, 01:24 PM   #10588
Bibio
Mega Poster

more OVO woes... deducting standing charges monthly when billing cycles are 1/4ly. bunch of con artists.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-22, 01:58 PM   #10589
Seeker
Mega Poster

Here, on the abandonned south bank of the Humber, we are a bit behind the times. We don't (yet) have traffic lights on roundabouts although they did talk about it (not sure what happened after the talk). Today, though I learned about a new traffic hazard we haven't got: a Bus Gate.

The Bus Gate is not in the Highway Code and is, I think, a bit of paint on the road that is supposed to represent a real gate that only buses may go through (other vehicles may be authorised). It is backed up by a camera system for revenue purposes or traffic safety (you choose).

Sometimes living in a backwater can be a good thing although it makes venturing out into civilisation a risky business, not to mention expensive.

Seems odd that a traffic control system is in use without it being mentioned in the Highway Code.
Old 20-04-22, 02:02 PM   #10590
Grant66

Wouldn't it need to be mentioned in the RTA for them to be able to prosecute?

Edit: Just looked it up. It's just a short bus lane.

Sent from an S20 using Tapatalk with that kin cr4p blocked

Last edited by Grant66; 20-04-22 at 02:12 PM.
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote