SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-08-06, 09:23 AM   #1
Blazingsvbiker

Default OIL ALREADY GONE !!!!!garage says its the weather's fault !

i have the next question !:

-i did my bike to the dealer on 28000Km's then my garagist changed the oil ect..

Now on 31000km's i was out of oil and ****ed up my engine without notising anything, the bike suddenly stopped and the engine felt out (seems to be totaly broken cause of riding without engine oil!!)

now i already went to the dealer and hes says the next thing :

there were a few days past month that it was extremley hot, so your oil went hot !(to hot) and the hotter the oils get the thinner it gets and the more your engine will use of it ! ! so in those -+ 10days of extreem weather my bike should have used the most of his oil???

so on 28000km's the garage did a fully check up and change of my engine oil and now already on 31 000Km's my bike is out of oil???? any1 who can proof or know anything about this or is it my garage that is taking a **** with me ??? !!!

Now i have 4000euros costs on my bike to let it roll again !!
(btw:never checked my oil by myself and iam riding now for 3years never had that prob, cause i tought i shouldnt look at the level of the engine oil myself because it is used to be changed when i do my bike to the garage on the regular bases... now i know that i should have checked it bymyself every 500KM's??)

PLEASE give me info about his prob !
Old 19-08-06, 09:29 AM   #2
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

We did 4,000k on holiday a month ago in temperatures above 36 degrees and we used hardly any oil at all, only around 200ml.

Sorry, but I really don't see how the weather could have caused you to use 2.3 LITRES of oil. Sounds to me like the garage didn't put enough oil in.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-06, 09:38 AM   #3
Blazingsvbiker

idd !! that is what iam thingking also !!! damn i cant proof things like that, damn!!!

so this statement is totaly insane? : from 28000KMs to --> 31800km's and already used all of his oil? and because of the weather?

i HAVE to know it guys cause if that biatch is trying to rip me off i will ....
Old 19-08-06, 10:10 AM   #4
21QUEST
Mega Poster

To be honest some bikes do use a bit of oil so I don't think it's necessarily a case of the dealer not having put in enough. My bike does use a bit(clutch cover is leaks a touch though).

You have done 2375 miles since the service and IMO you have to take a whole lot of the blame(sorry) as it appears you have not been doing your daily checks.

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-06, 11:12 AM   #5
jonboy

Yup, checking the oil every other time you ride the bike is pretty essential, as oil consumption can (for whatever reason) vary considerably.

This is hardly the first story we've heard of people not checking the oil for several thousand miles and then wondering why the engine has gone pop. There is no way that you can ignore the checking of essential fluids on your bike between services, and expect it to be okay.

Very sad to hear this Blazingsvbiker, it's a tough lesson to learn.

Old 19-08-06, 11:35 AM   #6
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt&maltvinegar
mod removed
Unbeliveable. Whatever happened to 'Bikers sticking together'?

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-06, 11:36 AM   #7
nickj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by salt&maltvinegar
mod removed
Unbeliveable. Whatever happened to 'Bikers sticking together'?
Ignore him Lissa, just a stupid **** who has posted stupid comments on nearly all posts.
Old 19-08-06, 12:08 PM   #8
steveg

Default re

Bad new on the bike mate , hope u can get it sorted .

Oil usage varies on bikes , my fazer 600 did not use a drop between 6k changes , the sv has not between 4k services , however I had a kwak zxr 750 that used a litre every 1000 miles .

To be honest you should check oil levels weekly , however using that much oil seems excessive to me for the mileage .

Cheers Steve

Now Triumph sprint 1050 ABS 05 Reg

AKA Papa Smurf
steveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-06, 02:23 PM   #9
Blazingsvbiker

yeah i know very stupid of myself didn't know that, and i should have ! ! now i will check it every time i take her for a spin
Old 19-08-06, 02:41 PM   #10
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Default Re: OIL ALREADY GONE !!!!!garage says its the weather's faul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazingsvbiker

Now i have 4000euros costs on my bike to let it roll again !!
(btw:never checked my oil by myself and iam riding now for 3years never had that prob, cause i tought i shouldnt look at the level of the engine oil myself because it is used to be changed when i do my bike to the garage on the regular bases... now i know that i should have checked it bymyself every 500KM's??)

PLEASE give me info about his prob !
4000 Euros(£2725). That sounds very expensive even with labour included.

Is that for another engine plus labour or are you talking about fixing the broken one?

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote