SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 22-09-07, 06:45 PM   #21
Brian

Default Re: Angelsey track day 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Dont see why not matey

Quote:
Originally Posted by slark01 View Post
It does sound like a good idea, but I probably sh*t myself if I went on the track.
A bit of a chicken lol
you don't have to hoon around the track mate, it's not a race
It'd be my first trackday too and i've only had my licence a year, you could just take it nice 'n easy going around with me!
It'd be a great day out!
Old 23-09-07, 06:19 AM   #22
slark01

OK i'm convinced
Book me in, I have just got to have a go
Old 23-09-07, 03:36 PM   #23
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slark01 View Post
OK i'm convinced
Book me in, I have just got to have a go
Old 23-09-07, 11:51 PM   #24
GSX1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototech View Post
id be game for this i did a track day at the old anglesea ciruit a few years ago, but this new circuit is meant to be awesome, there have been rumours mentioned of it possibly hosting a round of bsbs in years to come. Count me in

Rumour has it that we may see a BSB round at Anglsey in 2008.
Old 24-09-07, 08:05 AM   #25
plowsie

It is a nice looking track, has a bit of everything on the International circuit so maybe they will do one there.

We should be the test riders for them though, give them the feedback they need.
Old 24-09-07, 12:43 PM   #26
Baph

The new layout on the track is awesome - I was there yesterday (but only watching unfortunately).

I can happily get numbers for the companies that arrange bike trackdays on Trac Mon, but I'm not going to take on organising anything - sorry. I think the last one was something like £90 for the day, but that could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Sounds like a plan to me, we could maybe have it in the spring as a season starter, you know, N Wales rideout/Angelsey trackday weekend to include petes eats and plowsies pole dancing extravaganza type of thing.
Llanberis (Pete's Eats) to Trac Mon. Hmm. Very nice roads, but we'd have to overshoot to Rhosneigr & back first - those hairpins are unmissable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
Oh dear

Sorry to be a damp squib, guys, but I really hate track days. There is nothing more boring than standing there watching people going round and round when all I want to be doing is hooning round some decent roads. Track days are great for you riders, but for pillions they are no fun at all.
Lissa, I'm not sure if I'll be involved in the track riding or not (the roads around here are better than the track is IMO), so you wouldn't be left out. Hell, if it comes to it, you could always babysit the kids whilst Jen is watching us on track.
Old 24-09-07, 12:55 PM   #27
stewie

If we get enough interested parties I will have a go at organising it, I take your point about the roads in the area, they are pretty awsome but I think a track day is an entirely different beast, my revised thoughts are, keep the N Wales rideouts seperate and have a track day for a bit of fun early next year. Baph and luckypants did a great job of organising the last N Wales rideouts its only fair other people tale a hand in organising other events.
Old 24-09-07, 01:39 PM   #28
Pedro68

Nice one Stewie ... I'm with you on that thought (keeping them separate) because it gives us all yet another excuse to get out on the bike if you need any assistance in organizing give me a shout and I'll what I can do

Cheers,
Pete
Old 24-09-07, 01:42 PM   #29
plowsie

Companies are Havoc and No limits I'm well up for this next season Will get me back into the swing of dry riding
Old 24-09-07, 01:45 PM   #30
plowsie

I can do the phoning around also guys, got a free system to use at work