SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-03-09, 01:33 PM   #1
monkey

Default Anyone got rats, ferrets, rabbits or other small animals?

I've got a lot of gear I need to get rid of including 2 good cages and other stuff like a food bin, litter scoop, bottles, a wobust wodent wheel etc.

If anyone wants it all for a very reasonable price or knows someone who might please get in touch. (Not suitable for mice, gerbils or other silly little creatures).
Old 31-03-09, 01:39 PM   #2
Baph

Default Re: Anyone got rats, ferrets, rabbits or other small animals?

I've got mice (yea yea, you say not suitable) and a rabbit. It depends what you've got TBH.

I've also got a pet snake (no, not a trouser one - well, I do, but that's not the point of the thread now is it?) if you have any surplus rats you wish to dispose of. He's a little small for ferrets though...
Old 31-03-09, 02:03 PM   #3
monkey

I was only messing about the small things. I used to have mice as a kid. Bet you have to be careful with your cleanliness having mice, a rabbit and a hungry snake?

Right then. I have two of these only they're slightly different (and ine cost A LOT more!) The ends open up as opposed to the front (small door on the front) and the top has a hooooge opening. I had one underneath and one on top with the base cut out so I could have hammocks and toys all the way down for my rat boys along with the top door of the bottom one to be used as a ladder into the top cage. I made an insert also which reduces the size of the hole to just big enough for a ladder for access for ratties. If the hole wasn't required a sheet of vinyl could easily be cut to size giving two seperate cages.
The cages have been nibbled a tiny bit on the plastic but there are no holes and the metal part is powdercoated.
I have about three bottles, a scoop or two, the inside shelter parts for the cages, a small pet carrier big enough for a erret or rabbit, a bin with scoopbig enough for about 20 litres of dry food.

When I get in I'll set it up and post some piccys. If anyone's interested I live in West London and would deliver locally but if not postage will need to be looked into due to the size.
Old 31-03-09, 02:27 PM   #4
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
Bet you have to be careful with your cleanliness having mice, a rabbit and a hungry snake?
Cleanliness generally isn't an issue, just have to get into the habit of handling the snake before the mice/rabbit. We actually bought mice to breed so the snake can have fresh food (as opposed to freeze-thawed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
When I get in I'll set it up and post some piccys. If anyone's interested I live in West London and would deliver locally but if not postage will need to be looked into due to the size.
TBH, it's the postage (I'm in N. Wales see ) combined with not really needing what you have that means it's probably not worth it for me.

My job over the summer is to put a pond in the back garden, with the rabbit run on it's own small island. I was hoping you might have something I can use/adapt to suit the need.

Good luck though.
Old 31-03-09, 04:57 PM   #5
Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
I've got mice (yea yea, you say not suitable) and a rabbit. It depends what you've got TBH.

I've also got a pet snake (no, not a trouser one - well, I do, but that's not the point of the thread now is it?) if you have any surplus rats you wish to dispose of. He's a little small for ferrets though...

Why do you have pet mice and a snake? All the mice i have are in the freezer