SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 27-01-07, 09:55 PM   #1
amarko5

Default I had A little bimble today

ok so i went for a little ride today (about 130 miles)

you might recognise some places

thunder Thighs

Does my **** look big in this :P

Ok then the mods :- I lurve the heated grips (why didn't i use them years ago) the handguards work very well in conjunction with the grips

the sidecases make the bike (more interesting) to ride (i had 4 bricks in each wrapped in a towel to simulate load) had to crank the preload up one after about 5 miles as she felt back heavy (understandably ) however maybe it was just the roads (salt / molassis, grime,debris) but the front end did not feel at all planted today. In fact i had 2 moments (heartstoppers) then took a good look at the tyre / pressures, the pressure is where i normally run but the tyre is worn badly on both sides making the bike feel a little nervous. still got 3 or so mm of tread left so will be running it a while longer.

hopefully fit new rubber before my tour in germany though.
Old 28-01-07, 12:40 PM   #2
Cloggsy

Mark,

The TDM looks quite good with all the luggage on (yes, even the top box )
Old 28-01-07, 12:50 PM   #3
Coddy_SV1000Z

looks like a decent ride out over the lakes matey, love the views down the kirky pass towards brotherswater and windermere, good pic of ullswater too
Old 28-01-07, 01:44 PM   #4
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coddy_SV1000Z
looks like a decent ride out over the lakes matey, love the views down the kirky pass towards brotherswater and windermere, good pic of ullswater too
I will say one thing for Mark. His routes are at least predictable Then again with routes like those on your doorstep why change.
Old 28-01-07, 06:49 PM   #5
Heed

I take it that Hartside was very quiet then.
Old 28-01-07, 07:17 PM   #6
El Saxo

Nah, they just give Mark his own VIP parking area now cos he spends so much time there!

Looks like you had a good day out mate. Can't wait for it to get a bit warmer (bloody fairweather bikers eh? ) & I'll come & see if I can at least try to keep up with you this time!
Old 28-01-07, 07:24 PM   #7
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Saxo
I'll come & see if I can at least try to keep up with you this time!
No chance
Old 28-01-07, 10:06 PM   #8
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coddy_SV1000Z
I will say one thing for Mark. His routes are at least predictable Then again with routes like those on your doorstep why change.
1st trip on the TDM with full luggage (simulated load) wanted some familiar roads to test it on and feel the difference. NO better roads in existance for that

I do venture into other area's although they are not as picturesque.

Although Kielder can be nice, and St mary's loch, other roads around Dumfries and Galloway are good roads for riding but not so photogenic.

anyway nuff said. one thing i did find even though it was bitterly cold my fingers still functioned 29.99 for the oxford grips and 23 quid for the handguards best bike mods i have ever fitted TBH wish i had done it years ago would have had many more miles under my belt
Old 02-02-07, 07:17 PM   #9
Peter Henry

Marko...I love the front on pic of your bike. It looks real neat and purposeful with the panniers on also,very smart.......could see me trading in this piece of useless Italian junk I have!
Old 02-02-07, 10:04 PM   #10
mrs fud

You having problems Peter!!!!

Jo.