SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-04-11, 08:40 PM   #41
Bluefish

Default Re: Alternative to iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
HTC just announced a new phone which looks very interesting! Its the HTC Sensation.

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Actually well worth a watch. Some amazing idea's for sense ui, especially the unlock!!!!

Awww, dont have an idea what ill want in a couple of months now :'(
Looks pretty good that, i could be in the market for a new phone pretty soon lol, mind you i googled the earlier sugestions, and they all look pretty cool
Old 13-04-11, 08:43 PM   #42
hongman

Not overly bothered about apps. I'm not a massive app user so the cost there is really minimal.

Email-wise, just simple things really. Sub folder support for starters!

As far as I can see Android currently does not support subfolder push and notifications. Dealbreaker right there.

Last edited by hongman; 13-04-11 at 08:44 PM.
Old 13-04-11, 08:44 PM   #43
irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodders View Post
Android free apps apple all paid for apps. Easy decision.
thousands of free app's for the iphone, if you jail break it then everything is free!!

plus thousands more app's for iphone than android. Makes that decision tougher
Old 13-04-11, 09:09 PM   #44
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irons View Post
thousands of free app's for the iphone, if you steal them then everything is free!!

plus thousands more app's for iphone than android. Makes that decision tougher
Fixed that first bit for you

Quantity is no measure of quality on the second.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-11, 09:11 PM   #45
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongman View Post
I dont have a T-Mobile SIM but I can probably get one free on PAYG right? Whats the deal with the CFW?

PS love you
T-MOb/HTC didnt release an update beyond 2.1, the CFW guys took other 2.3 ROM dumps and modified them to work on the Hero.

Yeah, pop into a T-Mobile shop and pick one up.

Fancy coming into Soho on Friday night to pick it up?

I will warn, this is a slow device, so you can test functionality, but performance is not as good as a modern Android phone.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-11, 09:22 PM   #46
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
LG optimus 2x. Pretty much the most powerful phone out atm. Running Android 2.2 though will apparently be upgraded to 2.3 "soon".

Im personally looking at either the Samsung Galaxy sII (though you say you dont like the first one) or the LG Optumis 3D. Will see what happens, though im leaning towards the Samsung atm.

Why do people keep talking about the iPhone 5, its not out for months (if roumours are to be believed till early next year) and will just be a slightly quicker iphone 4, it will likely run similar hardware to the iPad2, like the iPhone 4 was to the iPad1. ios will still be dull.
I just bought an LG Optimus 2X, seems quite good so far, I'm upgrading from a HTC Magic though. Bought it for the dual-core, and the HDMI output, and at the time of announcement there were 3 dual-cores announced, and this has a 4" screen and the others 4.3". I prefer smaller screens so I don't look like I'm holding a tablet!

Don't really use email enough to have many problems, certainly not with sub folders, very surprised there is no email app out there that can do what's requested though.
Old 13-04-11, 10:44 PM   #47
Graciepants

I have an iphone 4 and 2 people I know have the HTC Desire HD. Both of them have upgraded from iphone 3g or 3gs. One of them works for orange and he loves the HTC. The HTC Desire HD has horrible battery life though - the iphone 4 is apparently loads better then the older iphones, but you do need to charge it every day/every other day, depending on all the apps you use. The HTC is actually worse (i've done an experiement in lectures) but is still better than the iphone 3g/3gs. Both my friends with the HTC say that they would recommend the HTC, but if you're an app person, then the iphone is better because there are far more available for that
Old 14-04-11, 07:28 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongman View Post
Not overly bothered about apps. I'm not a massive app user so the cost there is really minimal.

Email-wise, just simple things really. Sub folder support for starters!

As far as I can see Android currently does not support subfolder push and notifications. Dealbreaker right there.
ehem windows 7 phone does... i think u have to set it up on the webmail account first but then it sees them no problem, I have a folder for the sv notifications
Old 14-04-11, 07:31 AM   #49
hindle8907
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
ehem windows 7 phone does... i think u have to set it up on the webmail account first but then it sees them no problem, I have a folder for the sv notifications
he doesn't mean like that, he means sub folders within folders using exchange.
2010-Now -- 00 SV650s & 00 SV650n & GSXR 600 K2
hindle8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-11, 07:39 AM   #50
hongman

Thanks muffles and graciepants, useful insight there.

SK, we'll see about Soho. About time I got my backside down there right! Although the % depends largely on what time I get off work.