SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-01-13, 11:32 PM   #1
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default svbits.co.uk showcase

What’s this all about?

After some discussion with admin (John) it was agreed that I was able to have a thread dedicated to parts that will be available on my website. As new items are added to the website they will be showcased here as a little nudge for forum members. Child threads that are on the forum discussing my parts will be added to this thread so people who are thinking of purchasing can have access to reviews/feedback in one easy to reach place. Child threads will not be censored (apart from forum rules) and any feedback/comments made about my parts good or bad will be left for everyone to see.

My website is for reference only and no direct purchasing is available on my website. It’s intended for members of this forum only. All the items on my website are designed and manufactured by people I know in certain industries and myself. That way I can keep a eye on quality and change specifications as and when required.

My aim is to produce quality parts at reasonable prices and to stop myself getting bored from day to day, make a little money to help keep the forum running and help keep my bike on the road.

Members wishing to purchase items on my website will need to send me a private message detailing which part/parts they wish to purchase, were upon I will send payment instructions.

Every item sold will have a donation towards helping to keep the forum running.

Can I please ask members to keep the chit chat on this thread to a minimum.

I will ask for any non relevant chit to be removed. I will PM the member first and if in agreement then it will be removed.

Thank You
Bibio (Lance) http://www.svbits.co.uk
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-13, 11:48 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: svbits.co.uk showcase

Where it all started.

Vacuum extension kit.

Having done a few carb/throttle body balances I made a decision to make extensions so as it would be easier to do in the future. I then decided to offer these to forum members in a group buy which was a success. I’ll be honest and say with the little money I made I was able to have a free day out on the bike so me being me had a brain storm and the rest is history.

group buy thread can be found here http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...ighlight=group
Old 05-01-13, 12:37 AM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

Pointy Adjuster Brackets.

this group buy took an age to complete but it has been worth it for forum members. i designed brackets on my bike so i could hang a speedo sensor off it after doing a gsxr front end conversion and at the same time i added the facility to put a scottoiler nib on it as well. it was about 9 months that i had the brackets on the bike when someone asked if i could make them for replacing the standard ones that come with the pointy SV. the ones i had were good but not up to the job as regards to making them for other people. so after some test pieces were sent out to other members and reports came back that they were indeed pantz i set about tweaking the original design and finally settled on the design i have now.

you can view the group buy thread here http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...ighlight=group
Old 05-01-13, 02:02 PM   #4
Nicky S
Mega Poster

any chance we can request / give ideas of stuff to make ??

Nicky S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 02:09 PM   #5
Bibio
Mega Poster

you can indeed
Old 05-01-13, 02:16 PM   #6
Nicky S
Mega Poster

woooohoooooo could you please look into making new chain adjustment plates for the curvy. there is a company that do them for the pointy cant remember the name and cant find it on google but they only do the pointy.

Old 05-01-13, 02:22 PM   #7
Bibio
Mega Poster

yes those are in the pipeline as i need to do them for my speedo conversion they will be based around the bracket downstands i have at the moment and i'm hoping that i can have something for members around March (due to funds being tied up)

hhhmmm another company doing adjuster plates for the pointy.. any chance you can find it again?
Old 05-01-13, 02:30 PM   #8
Nicky S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
yes those are in the pipeline as i need to do them for my speedo conversion they will be based around the bracket downstands i have at the moment and i'm hoping that i can have something for members around March (due to funds being tied up)

hhhmmm another company doing adjuster plates for the pointy.. any chance you can find it again?
yep ill look for it now

will they only work with the bracket you have already got or will you make OEM ones ?

Old 05-01-13, 02:51 PM   #9
Nicky S
Mega Poster

i could only find the nuts and washers not the plates. but im sure some one use to make them.

Old 05-01-13, 03:28 PM   #10
Bibio
Mega Poster

you will have the choice as to what permutation you would like just like the current pointy ones. so if you just want plain SS plates then that's what you can have. but as with the pointy ones there will be countersunk holes on the left hand plate for upgrading later.

i do know that there was someone selling ones on ebay for a while.