SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

EuroTour An area to discuss potential European trips, and to ask advice about long distance touring.

Old 31-10-17, 07:01 AM   #1
Sanjeev Nanda

Default London to Ukraine

I am planning a road trip from London to Ukraine in March next year. How about some ideas and suggestions regarding places to stop, stay and have fun?
Old 31-10-17, 09:12 AM   #2
Stingo

Default Re: London to Ukraine

Plan a basic route with Google maps, then start looking each side of that for places that appeal to you for whatever reason, whether its historical or cultural etc. The journey should be a personal thing, it's what you like that matters. Some motorbike websites suggest some great roads so it's worth looking at those too for good roads to ride along the way. Bear in mind how many miles each day you want to cover. Give yourself time to enjoy the destinations - you don't want to be on the road all day every day as you'll just end up knackered with just a blurry memory of fast traffic. My route is to Croatia and back and I'm allowing time to stop for a day or two in various places of interest. I also research the various expected stop off places to see what attracts me, and to check that there isn't something better and more interesting 20 miles up the road. The planning is all part of the journey for me. What rings your bells and pushes your buttons? Napoleon and his invasion of Russia? Eastern Germany? Have a really good look on the net - there's so much info out there. Good luck. And don't forget to enjoy it.

Last edited by Stingo; 31-10-17 at 01:30 PM.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-17, 11:02 AM   #3
punyXpress
Mega Poster

. . and wrap up well - it can be mighty cold in March!
Welcome to .org
Old 17-11-17, 02:56 PM   #4
willster89

That's what I call an adventure Be sure to visit Lviv in Ukraine! The town is a beauty, like the best capitals of Eastern Europe. And if you like coffee there's a nice cafe 'Centaur' in the old centre with a great sight. What countries do you plan to cross on your way?