SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-12-07, 05:22 PM   #1
The Basket

Default My view on the SV

It seems my motorcycling days are over which is a bit of shame but there you go. Can't justify the cost of something sitting in the garden not being used. but ill keep an eye out while I'm driving and continue to be kind to the two wheeled brothers.

I sold my SV a while back so haven't much to say about two wheels nowadays. The weather in Scotland is much colder so fair play to the comrades who brave the winter blues.

Oddly, I miss my old GPz500 far more than my old SV650. I never got on with the SV so I had no real concern when it went.

I would be unfair to call it names so ill say I bought the wrong bike. I should have got something more comfy and a wee bit faster. of course some of you like the SV so I will respect your view on the matter.

Thank you for the good advice over the years and I got to sell my bike...most helpful.
Old 03-12-07, 05:34 PM   #2
tonyk
Mega Poster

Default Re: My view on the SV

is this not the time to go and get a harley?
just for the weekend sir.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and clear all doubts."
Some days its not even worth chewing through the restraints...
tonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-07, 05:39 PM   #3
metalmonkey

A little something for the w/end eh?

Why not get something that you always wanted or get something that is cheap to blast around on in the summer months? Just a thought.....or may be you will feel different when the summer final starts in 08!
Old 03-12-07, 08:32 PM   #4
charlie13

Sorry to hear you've parted company with two wheels Basket. Hope you've had plenty of great moments on one that bring a smile when you think back. I went a while without a bike, but finally couldn't bear to be in a cage any longer, it drives me nuts. If you have any love of bikes at all I don't think it ever leaves you, no matter how bad some days can be on two wheels. Hopefully sometime in the future you'll have the luxury of being able to get another and not think it's wasting when you can't ride.
Old 03-12-07, 08:46 PM   #5
sv-robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie13 View Post
Sorry to hear you've parted company with two wheels Basket. Hope you've had plenty of great moments on one that bring a smile when you think back. I went a while without a bike, but finally couldn't bear to be in a cage any longer, it drives me nuts. If you have any love of bikes at all I don't think it ever leaves you, no matter how bad some days can be on two wheels. Hopefully sometime in the future you'll have the luxury of being able to get another
+1