SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-01-19, 04:28 PM   #271
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Quote of the day (sorry, Brexit related)

The same people who were behind project fear 2016 were the ones in 1980's who supported the ERM ( exchange rate mechanism ) which was a massive mistake and crashed and burned soon after, they also had project fear when the joining of the eurozone was being discussed, we were told that if we did not join the UK would be left behind, our businesses will suffer, firms would move to mainland Europe, the city of London would lose jobs to EU, etc. etc.

These people have no shame after their previous 'projections' failed to materialise they just decide decided to do it all over again....

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 05:11 PM   #272
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
The same people who were behind project fear 2016 were the ones in 1980's who supported the ERM ( exchange rate mechanism ) which was a massive mistake and crashed and burned soon after, they also had project fear when the joining of the eurozone was being discussed, we were told that if we did not join the UK would be left behind, our businesses will suffer, firms would move to mainland Europe, the city of London would lose jobs to EU, etc. etc.

These people have no shame after their previous 'projections' failed to materialise they just decide decided to do it all over again....
So rather than defend the point being discussed you've just dropped it and moved on to something else?

I see this a lot.
Old 23-01-19, 05:49 PM   #273
SV650rules
Mega Poster

The whole point ( which you wilfully missed as usual ) is that project fear has been tried at least twice before by the great and the good and proved to be a complete fabrication - which reflects on the 2016 effort which has gone through a few incarnations since to try to keep it in people's minds, but it is another complete fabrication - fake news....

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 05:50 PM   #274
Bibio
Mega Poster

in the whole debate i fail to see what the UK is going to benefit out of being alone when all its closest neighbours are in a single common market. the only thing i can see is the UK public having to pay more for goods at the tills.

one of the biggest points was to send most of the migrant workers back home.. not happening.
another was the supposed saving not having to pay our dues.. ermm only if your the Gov.. the public will see absolutely nothing apart from the above.

tell me who is going to do all the low paid jobs that the workshy and lazy fekers in the UK wont do when the Euro migrant workers leave?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 05:57 PM   #275
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
The whole point ( which you wilfully missed as usual ) is that project fear has been tried at least twice before by the great and the good and proved to be a complete fabrication - which reflects on the 2016 effort which has gone through a few incarnations since to try to keep it in people's minds, but it is another complete fabrication - fake news....
bet you also believe that the world is flat and there are lizard people.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 05:58 PM   #276
zsv650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
in the whole debate i fail to see what the UK is going to benefit out of being alone when all its closest neighbours are in a single common market. the only thing i can see is the UK public having to pay more for goods at the tills.

one of the biggest points was to send most of the migrant workers back home.. not happening.
another was the supposed saving not having to pay our dues.. ermm only if your the Gov.. the public will see absolutely nothing apart from the above.

tell me who is going to do all the low paid jobs that the workshy and lazy fekers in the UK wont do when the Euro migrant workers leave?
Now you're just being silly nobody wanted nor asked for people to leave UK if anything we will be more open to the skilled/unskilled labour market from outside the EU.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 06:03 PM   #277
Chris_SVS

Quote:
You say project fear, I say on a personal level project reality, I have already commented in the thread on the Irish/NI situation...

If you're right then it's all good and I have mildly panicked over nothing... But what if, you're wrong? Can you swallow that pill? Can anyone? Will anyone?

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 23-01-19 at 06:06 PM.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 06:26 PM   #278
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Tariff free trade between neighbours. An excellent idea of which I am sure all Brexiteers and Remoaners can agree. However I seem to notice that the only way the EU will permit this is if we pay. I don't pay to go into the market in the next town to where I live, why would I want to pay to go to theirs, just tariffs / taxes under a different name.

Quote:

Not for me it's not

Quote:

But at least we will see all the tariffs from third countries that currently go directly to the EU will now come to the UK.

Quote:

Getting the lazy to work is easy just cut benefits, harsh, unkind, unpleasant, cruel, unwanted and will have unforeseen side effects but it works else where
Old 23-01-19, 06:33 PM   #279
Red ones
Mega Poster

Quote:
The bus did not say that all the money would go to NHS, just it would help support it - so where is the lie ?

You did miss the point and change the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-19, 06:38 PM   #280
Red ones
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650s View Post
Now you're just being silly nobody wanted nor asked for people to leave UK l

Apart from this man, and anyone who agreed with the poster message which suggests "we" had lost "our country"
To whom have we lost it? How do you suggest we get it back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote