SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-01-19, 02:04 PM   #6951
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

what i like about living in a small town is the delivery drivers have to be polite and you KNOW where the food is coming from. i would never ever move back to a big city.

i was in the chinese takeaway last night (i have one once a month or so) and the delivery s were 1.5hrs due to the just eat thing. there have been a few takeaways around here that have told just eat to fekaff. it was also the just eat customers that were complaining.

BTW i have never used just eat or any other app as i have a telephone and a bit of good old fashioned sense. i order the meal then go and pick it up.. simples.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-19, 05:53 PM   #6952
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Yep. If I'm treating myself to a take away I tend to enjoy going to get it too. The kids enjoy coming along to the chip shop. I have fond memories from when I was little of the chip shop trips with my Dad and the smell and warmth of them in the car on the way home.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-19, 07:08 PM   #6953
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

All of the Deliveroo mob are now moped based. They used to be bicycles when The Monkey was a student but she gave it up after the minimum time as the customers were a-holes. You only had the delivery within a certain radius but people got wise and used a fake post code on their real street/house number - she often ended up a good half mile further than she should have but carried on in the hope of the tip, which was rarely received as it of course took longer to arrive due to the distance. Then the 'peds started arriving and the cyclists were not allocated many runs by the app as the 'peds were faster making customers happier.

There are a dozen or more 'ped delivery riders in Wycombe and they are a complete menace! They use bus/cycle lanes, cut corners at junctions, ignore one-way and no entry signs, ride with their (very cheap) flip-up in the open position which is not legal*, swear at you madly if you dare to remonstrate and fly off the pavements in their hurry to get away. I've collared a police officer and asked why they don't stop them and you get the usual "not enough resources" response, yet scamera vans are still out there...

A sobering thought is that a lot of them probably only have Social/Domestic/Pleasure third party insurance instead of the business use they need. I suggest you keep well away from the little scrotes.

*only a couple of brands/models have dual certification for open and closed highway use - the rest should only be used in the closed position when moving.
Old 27-01-19, 08:27 PM   #6954
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
...They use bus/cycle lanes, cut corners at junctions, ignore one-way and no entry signs, ride with their (very cheap) flip-up in the open position which is not legal*, swear at you madly if you dare to remonstrate and fly off the pavements in their hurry to get away....

Same in Bristol.

They still have people on bicycles in Bristol too. Unless they're riding around using the jackets and backpack boxes for themselves instead of work.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-19, 11:53 AM   #6955
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Wycombe is all hills so getting to any of the estates with a KFC before it goes stone cold is impossible on a bicycle, hence the 'peds taking over around here. In a bigger town where the orders can be better split between short/flat runs and the longer/hillier ones I'm not surprised cycles are still in use.

I still don't use them!
Old 28-01-19, 12:12 PM   #6956
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Just had fun using levelling compound for the first time. I needn't have worried it was pretty straightforward. I now have a nice flat floor to tile.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 28-01-19, 12:54 PM   #6957
Bibio
Mega Poster

my local RBS. fekin disgrace of a place. queue for 45min.. ermm no.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-19, 10:15 PM   #6958
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
All of the Deliveroo mob are now moped based. They used to be bicycles when The Monkey was a student but she gave it up after the minimum time as the customers were a-holes. You only had the delivery within a certain radius but people got wise and used a fake post code on their real street/house number - she often ended up a good half mile further than she should have but carried on in the hope of the tip, which was rarely received as it of course took longer to arrive due to the distance. Then the 'peds started arriving and the cyclists were not allocated many runs by the app as the 'peds were faster making customers happier.

There are a dozen or more 'ped delivery riders in Wycombe and they are a complete menace! They use bus/cycle lanes, cut corners at junctions, ignore one-way and no entry signs, ride with their (very cheap) flip-up in the open position which is not legal*, swear at you madly if you dare to remonstrate and fly off the pavements in their hurry to get away. I've collared a police officer and asked why they don't stop them and you get the usual "not enough resources" response, yet scamera vans are still out there...

A sobering thought is that a lot of them probably only have Social/Domestic/Pleasure third party insurance instead of the business use they need. I suggest you keep well away from the little scrotes.

*only a couple of brands/models have dual certification for open and closed highway use - the rest should only be used in the closed position when moving.
They're a complete menace in this area. It's the reasons why cabbies are now blocking the cycle boxes and shrinking the filter gaps around here

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-19, 09:25 AM   #6959
shiftin_gear98

Dodgy stomach from hell today. Not good.
Plus the lack of snow meant I couldn't even have a snow day. So just froze on the bike whilst needing the loo.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-19, 02:39 PM   #6960
Swin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Dodgy stomach from hell today. Not good.
Plus the lack of snow meant I couldn't even have a snow day. So just froze on the bike whilst needing the loo.
Must be something doing the rounds - one of my lads has just phoned to say he might be off tomorrow with a stomach bug, and as I have some kind of virus which is leaving me feeling kind of tired and yuck, I'll have to ride in tomorrow