SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-02-19, 08:45 PM   #7041
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
The f$%^&ng mayhem outside my kids school every morning from 4x4 idiot parents screaming around the roads and parking up the pavements, on double yellows, over local residents' drives (and the shouting that ensues, often involving lots of language and aggression not fitting for outside a Primary school), on the zig zags, on junctions, across the dropped kerbs (then getting out with pushchairs and not even realising the irony ffs!).

It's a warmish nice day here so we decide to try and ride it. Daughter in cargo bike, son rides himself now. Absolute f^*^&^ng moron decides it's a good idea to overtake on a junction that I'm turning right out of, positioned in the middle of the lane, indicating. He ends up on the wrong side of the road waiting at the junction. So impatient he couldn't wait a second. Tries to get out quick as people are trying to get in to the junction on their side. See we are there and turning right but does the "pretending not to realise", avoiding eye contact and narrowly avoids going over the top of use as he screams out of the junction to run away from his f%ked up situation he's created. Then parks up outside his shop less than 100 metres away in the High St, so I ask him what he's doing and he denies everything. Ignorant moron.

And that is exactly why so many people don't walk or ride to school and get ferried in 4x4 tanks. A really messed up situation!

=== Not a great start to the day. Really shaken up and it will stay with me full of adrenalin all day now. ===
Same as any school these days, at drop off time. I had to drive my daughter to school once a week, as she had cello lessons, the cello is almost as big as her. Every time, there'd be someone parked at the exit to the school on the double yellows, restricting my view to the main road.

Plenty of kids cycle to my daughter's school, but most cycle on the pavements, normally as a cyclist I'd not be happy about this, but the roads so busy with parents on the school run, it's too dangerous good them. Quite ironic really, if they didn't drive their kids to school, the road would be much safer for their kids to cycle to school!
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-19, 10:04 PM   #7042
chris8886
Mega Poster

Went to my usual hockey training last night and took a very firmly hit ball slap bang on my kneecap. Go down in immense pain like I've been shot, deep gash in my knee cap with plenty of blood! Get up today and I can hardly walk, big swelling on my knee and it's still bleeding a bit. Probably going to have to miss my match on Saturday as result too
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-19, 11:20 AM   #7043
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
Went to my usual hockey training last night and took a very firmly hit ball slap bang on my kneecap. Go down in immense pain like I've been shot, deep gash in my knee cap with plenty of blood! Get up today and I can hardly walk, big swelling on my knee and it's still bleeding a bit. Probably going to have to miss my match on Saturday as result too
Get that X-rayed. Knee impacts can have long term implications.
Old 14-02-19, 12:43 PM   #7044
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
Get that X-rayed. Knee impacts can have long term implications.
Just had it X-rayed and it’s not broken, by some miracle, just have to keep it rested with hot and cold packs done till Monday. By which time I should be back at work....
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-19, 09:26 AM   #7045
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Coffee Cups for car!
Just a thought, but have been reading a thread about these on another forum - Luckypants will know the one - and of 22 posts, not a single one mentions that it is illegal to use these when using the Queen's Highway.
I know half a pint of scalding beverage would make me flinch .
That's what the opposition are doing these days
Old 15-02-19, 04:15 PM   #7046
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

I phoned TSB to tell them I needed a mortgage payment holiday because I was made redundant. They told me I can't apply for a holiday unless I have a start date for my next job. I phoned them today to apply again now that I have a job and they said I can't apply for a payment holiday because I missed the payment and am now in arrears. Even though when I spoke to them the first time they advised me to cancel my direct debit and pay £5 towards my mortgage, which I did.

WTF is the point in even trying with these pr*cks
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-19, 04:40 PM   #7047
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
I phoned TSB to tell them I needed a mortgage payment holiday because I was made redundant. They told me I can't apply for a holiday unless I have a start date for my next job. I phoned them today to apply again now that I have a job and they said I can't apply for a payment holiday because I missed the payment and am now in arrears.
It's a good job that we are all living in a simulation, if this were real life it would be really exasperating.

I wonder if other countries have "jobsworth" or is it a UK thing. I guarantee when I call these institutions I always forget to get the name of the person who gives me the answer. I called Virgin media twice because I didn't believe the first person's answer (although it proved to be correct, maybe I should call again?)
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-19, 05:03 PM   #7048
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

I actually spoke to two advisers to confirm the £5 thing. And they didn't mention that only paying that amount would put me in arrears. They also didn't mention that being in arrears would mean I cannot apply for a payment holiday.

I just put a complaint in about the advice they gave me.
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-19, 05:29 PM   #7049
Bibio
Mega Poster

due to low interest rates banks dont make money from services like they used to so now instead make it via "arrears" surcharges.

they dont care if your struggling and the more you struggle the more money they can fleece you for.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-19, 06:12 PM   #7050
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
due to low interest rates banks dont make money from services like they used to so now instead make it via "arrears" surcharges.

they dont care if your struggling and the more you struggle the more money they can fleece you for.

For banks to give you a loan you have to prove you have enough money not to need it. A bank will give you an umbrella when Sun is shining but if it starts to rain they ask for it back....

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote