SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-07-08, 01:52 PM   #1
chakraist

Default Erratic speedo and tacho, engine very hot.

Right, I'm currently writing his from my phone whilst the bike is being serviced, but on the way down to the garage whilst running at high speed, the bike got very hot and started acting up, in that the speedo and rev counter started bouncing a little. It starts fine and still runs sweet, and the people at the garage are taking a look at the electrics as I'm guessing something has burned through when it was so hot. It was hit enough fir the oil to bubble a little anyways, the coolant might need topping up as it hadn't been something I'd checked. No other electrical issues except fir the dials, no loss of power or anything like that, starts fine and all idiot lights working. After I'd been riding slower with less revs it pretty much stopped and only bounced occasionally. Sound like an easy fix?
Old 17-07-08, 02:41 PM   #2
John Burt

Default Re: possible electric issue

Don't say which model you have but all curvys were prone to chaffing the loom in way of the seat bolts and the S is prone to corrosioj on th edash electrical connector inside the LHS upper fairing - both of these can give erratic speedo and revcounter readings
Old 17-07-08, 03:19 PM   #3
chakraist

Default Re: possible electric issue

Ah, thanks very much, just been serviced and seems all fine now, they couldn't see any issues with the wires. Yay!