SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-10-07, 04:05 PM   #1
Banus

Default A chance meeting

Hi all,Thought I'd share this with you all.Whilst on a 5 day break near to Rimini, I thought I'd have a drive to Tavullia, the home town (more of a village) of Valentino Rossi. The village is a shrine to the man. Everything is either painted yellow or has a '46' sticker on it. After visiting the official Rossi fan Club HQ and having a sit on his actual championship winning bike (not a mock up) we visited the Valentino Cafe which is amazing with the walls all covered in Rossi memorabillia.I asked the Cafe owner if Valentino ever has time to pop in these days as he's very busy, the guy said "yeah he popped in yesterday to see his friends on his way to Valencia" Damn ! missed him by less than 24 hrs. The barman then told me that Grazioni Rossi (father) still lives in a large villa just outside Tavullia. The villa is easily recognisable as there is a bike stuck in the hedge on the driveway where Rossi crashed it on his way home from school. After a brief search we found the villa in all its splender. Whilst taking a few photo's I noticed that the security lights were activiated and the electronic gates started to slowly open - ey ey I thought he come the dobermans and a burley security guard - but no it was Grazioni in his 15 year old Fiat Panda. He obliged for a few photos and after a brief chat about you know who, wished us a nice holiday - what a decent chap ! The End.........
Old 30-10-07, 05:34 PM   #2
pete m

Default Re: A chance meeting

i thought you were gonna say "& out came Valentino in his Fiat 500..."

that would have been a story to dine out on...
Old 30-10-07, 05:44 PM   #3
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: A chance meeting

That's a good story. Lets see the pics!
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote