SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-06-08, 02:37 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Extending the stock shock

Ok, ground clearance on a stock SV is poor. There is the shorter dogbone trick, but this is limited.

My track SV has an ohlins rear shock, I can tell you for nothing the biggest difference it makes is in where you can adjust the ride-height!! You really can wind the shock up!! But race shocks are stupidly expensive ... and I am not sure the largest gain is actually in the more controlled damping, just in the ride height ...

So this leads me on ... has anyone actually tried extending a stock SV shock? To my mind making longer fork bottoms seem to be the simplest way?
Old 09-06-08, 02:52 PM   #2
Dangerous Dave

Default Re: Extending the stock shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
So this leads me on ... has anyone actually tried extending a stock SV shock? To my mind making longer fork bottoms seem to be the simplest way?
Not tried it but I have looked at it and I agree with you Blue that the longer fork bottoms (lower mounting bracket) is the safest and easiest option to take.