SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-02-16, 05:44 PM   #3091
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

It's just under my treble chins
Old 17-02-16, 09:27 PM   #3092
Bibio
Mega Poster

date dumbing down on adverts. it should be banned as its teaching the population to be dumb feks. for instance.. 'Feb 24' instead of 'February the 24th'.. whoever thought this one up should be taken out and shot so as not to infect the gene pool.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-16, 11:53 PM   #3093
NTECUK
Mega Poster

ULot's more untrustworthy things on the media than dates ,
TTIP.......http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...u-9779688.html
Old 18-02-16, 01:41 AM   #3094
Bibio
Mega Poster

when is the EU/UK going to realise that the USA is only interested in one thing.. THE USA, they dont give a flying fek about anybody else. the USA is grasping at straws as its up shizz creak without a paddle just like us and if they can rip the rest of the world off to keep their citizens in jobs then they will do it.... its about time OUR politicians who we elect start working for UK for the good of the people and not too line their pockets.

the public services do not belong to the Government they belong to the People as its the people who paid and still pay for them and its because of greedy individuals that privatisation has failed the public. what makes me laugh is the people who did buy shares. did they not realise that they already owned shares... greedy fekwits.

so now all the utility's are sold do you still think it was a good idea as we are now held to ransom for prices. electricity, gas, water etc.etc costs a bloody fortune now.

do we really want a society like the USA where people are left to die on the streets? well do you? IT COULD BE YOU.

did you know that the UK has only had one year.. yes one year where we have been conflict free since the second world war.. tell me again why out grandparents fought in the war. why should we give a fek what they do in other country's, they would not give a fek about us if the shoe was on the other foot...

its about time our Queen grew a pair and told her Prime Minister to stop all this shizz before she has no country left and for the public to get a grip and tell their MP's to stop it, if we dont they will continue to fuk us up the **** without lube. THEY WORK FOR US.

anyway thats enough as its just starts to get me angry.......... and people wonder why i'm so grumpy.

Last edited by Bibio; 18-02-16 at 03:33 AM.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-16, 06:55 AM   #3095
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Twenty five percent of the populate voted them in Bibio.
They don't care about the other 3/4 .
Old 18-02-16, 10:43 AM   #3096
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

My storage heater in the lounge has packed up. My house is cold downstairs. No wonder I woke up with two big furry cuddle monsters snuggled up to me, those cats aren't daft.

So I'll have to take it apart to check the thermostat later.
Old 18-02-16, 12:02 PM   #3097
NTECUK
Mega Poster

You can't take a cat apart......
Old 19-02-16, 10:19 AM   #3098
shiftin_gear98

You can, it's just a little harder to put all the bits back afterwards. Even then I doubt it would work again.
Old 19-02-16, 10:38 AM   #3099
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Still decorating.
Spent all day yesterday hanging lining paper. Get up this morning and get criticised for one drop under a window that makes up for an odd but of wall. (It will be filled and painted anyway). But criticising after a full day's work is annoying. Then the first drop of the morning goes wrong and suddenly I'm a stroppy perfectionist for pulling it down and redoing it.

Bah.

Time to go for a McBrekkie!!! On my own.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-16, 02:02 PM   #3100
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
You can, it's just a little harder to put all the bits back afterwards. Even then I doubt it would work again.
It was just the thermostat had tripped. Stu took it apart last night after I'd emailed him some clues on what to look for to reset it. Sometimes storage heaters aren't great because if you get a sudden cold snap/warm spell you are stuck with whatever temperature you had it on 24 hours earlier but unlike central heating there's not much to go wrong and it makes the most of the Economy 7.

My gripe today is that I'm about to update Windows XP to Windows 7. I have Photoshop CS6 installed on my PC via a disc. I can deactivate the licence and I have the serial number on the cardboard outer to reinstall it but don't seem to have the jewel case containing the CD. So either it's at work, or somewhere among my hundreds of music CDs or in another safe place so safe I'll never find it. Grrrrrrr.