SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-09-16, 06:09 AM   #3691
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
We have 2 dogs and one carpet. I can't think of a single occasion when they've been sick anywhere other than on the carpet. I think they actually run off upstairs just to puke on it.

Ha ha. Our dog only does the carpet too. We bought a Rug Doctor spot cleaner in the end.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-16, 06:19 AM   #3692
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Our dogs the same, ended up with enhance carpet cleaner and it hides the smell also
Ours is normally the squits on the carpet

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-16, 07:17 AM   #3693
timwilky
Mega Poster

Wife need to clean the carpet this morning. There must be a bug going round the doggy world.
Old 20-09-16, 07:44 AM   #3694
Swin

Our puppy chundered on the carpet yesterday, then followed up by nipping upstairs for a quick wee on youngest boy's bed, not sure if it's a bug or just brain fever because he's been house trained for weeks now!
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-16, 09:48 AM   #3695
timwilky
Mega Poster

We had a 12 year old Jack Russell that developed rear end problems and it was an extremely unpleasant time for him (And us). His final 6 months were weekly vets visits with repeated messages about quality of life.

We had invested in carpet cleaners, steam cleaners for the wooden floors etc. But when we finally gave into the inevitable it was a fortune recarpeting the house and what did the daughter do. Another rat dog. Cute. But still another dog.
Old 20-09-16, 10:21 AM   #3696
Swin

Ours is getting on 9 months old now (Pomapoo, so he's cute), but he has some pretty horrible habits, eating what other dogs/horses/cats leave behind is chief among them - I'm seriously thinking about muzzling him when we go out because it'll sometimes make him throw up, regurgitated poo doesn't make his breath or the house smell too nice!

I'm wondering if his reverting to peeing on stuff indoors is perhaps his hormones kicking in as he becomes a young man, so I'm having a consultation with the vet next week to see if he could be relieved of a couple of things to help remedy this
Old 20-09-16, 01:23 PM   #3697
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swin View Post
Ours is getting on 9 months old now (Pomapoo, so he's cute), but he has some pretty horrible habits, eating what other dogs/horses/cats leave behind is chief among them - I'm seriously thinking about muzzling him when we go out because it'll sometimes make him throw up, regurgitated poo doesn't make his breath or the house smell too nice!
We had to muzzle our last dog when out as she also ate things we'd rather she didn't. Glass stomach too so it was a nightmare every morning until we decided enough was enough and built her a run for the kennel outside and she slept out there for years. It obviously calmed her down as she never pooped in the run overnight as she was perhaps less stressed about the possibility. She grew out of the eating problem, thankfully.
Old 20-09-16, 01:42 PM   #3698
Swin

He's been completely clean today, wife has just got home and he's fine, I think it's possibly a bit of dog puberty confusing his head perhaps

I'm hoping that he will also grow out of the eating thing, but I have heard that some dogs never do - my mate's dog still happily tucks in, but he's a Beagle and they're disgusting dogs
Old 21-09-16, 05:46 AM   #3699
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Some dogs do, some don't. Ours tries his luck with poo 💩 (border collie) but is fine when he nabs some. Fox crap on the other hand...

Swin if you are off lead, use leave but be very firm and it'll help

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-16, 10:58 PM   #3700
DJFridge

One of the regular dog visitors to our office always bounds up and sits on my lap for a better view out of the window. Good as gold and no trouble. This morning he managed to smear **** over my shirt and trousers. Whether it was his own or he'd rolled in something else's I have no idea. Had to go home and change so I didn't smell of **** all day!