SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-10-20, 08:52 PM   #8591
yokohama

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Veissmann boilers are pretty good and usually come with a 5 year warranty
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-20, 09:12 PM   #8592
redtrummy

The sons girlfriend windscreen got hit. Her parents (60 odd miles away) sorted out the insurance and contacted Auto glass - they were sold a line that it would be worth changing the wiper blades at the same time to avoid any glass particles scratching the screen- charge £40, car Skoda Citigo! And they agreed! £40!
I have changed a toilet, built a vanity unit, skimmed ceilings and put laminate flooring in lounge, hall and bedrooms to save them money as they haven't got a lot. I might as well p--- into the wind. Told the fitter it was an old - - - - - - - reputed tactic. He agreed with me.
Her Father is a mathematical physicist - not short of brains.
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-20, 07:33 AM   #8593
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Cheers Yoko
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
The sons girlfriend windscreen got hit. Her parents (60 odd miles away) sorted out the insurance and contacted Auto glass - they were sold a line that it would be worth changing the wiper blades at the same time to avoid any glass particles scratching the screen- charge £40, car Skoda Citigo! And they agreed! £40!
I have changed a toilet, built a vanity unit, skimmed ceilings and put laminate flooring in lounge, hall and bedrooms to save them money as they haven't got a lot. I might as well p--- into the wind. Told the fitter it was an old - - - - - - - reputed tactic. He agreed with me.
That's balls - like AA & roadside battery sales.
The whole windy thing used to be a bit of a scam. When someone put through my windscreen a few years ago my insurer wanted a £75 windscreen excess, I rang up a local fitter and they fitted me one for £50. Suppose it's different if just a chip.
Old 14-10-20, 02:16 PM   #8594
timwilky
Mega Poster

Payroll have ****ed up. My monthly salary is down by £991, they acknowledge there may be an issue when I raised it. But haven't announce what they are going to do!
Old 14-10-20, 05:22 PM   #8595
Craig380
Mega Poster

If they can't find a legit reason for the deduction, they should effing well make an immediate payment to make up the shortfall.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-20, 08:27 PM   #8596
svenrico

[QUOTE=SV650rules;3121047]Combi boilers and system boilers are both condensing..
https://boilerhut.co.uk/condensing-or-combi-boiler/

as your article says -
'However all condensing boilers in 2018 may not be combi boilers.' That was the point I was making, a condensing boiler doesn't have to be a combi boiler.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-20, 08:29 PM   #8597
svenrico

' I remember when combi's became law for new installations and a lot of people rushed out to buy the old type.'
I worked on the design of new housing up until 2014 and I was never aware of that (not that I claim to be an expert on heating systems )
Old 14-10-20, 08:33 PM   #8598
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Logic has never been womens strong point...
wow. that's pushing it !
Old 14-10-20, 08:38 PM   #8599
svenrico

'Cannot bring myself to do that, they ripped off my gran (8k for a rebadged Ideal boiler? which spent most of the first two years not operating until they finally gave up on warranty and had a local fitter out who found a problem with the installation) and took me to court over a gas supply billing error that was entirely their own fault.'
British Gas quoted me and they are pushing Vaillant boilers which don't seem to be getting very favourable reviews on here.
Old 14-10-20, 08:42 PM   #8600
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
was that just for the wiper blades or could it have been the insurance excess charge for windscreen replacement ? just asking.