SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 22-02-08, 06:22 PM   #1
Biker_Billy

Default Devon / Cornwall Meet

Righto...there has been a lot of talk on this forum about a meet for the MoFo's which is great, but a bit too far for me to come on a regular basis. I'm just testing the water to see if there are enough peeps in the SW (D & C) area who would be interested in a regular meet starting, say in April?

Thinking of Plymouth maybe - no plans as to what to do or where, but I know there are a few orgers in this area who I have yet to meet and would like to do so...

Please post up on here if you think its worthwhile progressing, and any suggestions you may have...

Ta,

BB.

Old 22-02-08, 06:34 PM   #2
Xan173

Default Re: Devon / Cornwall Meet

http://www.rideout-sw.co.uk/

Might be of interest Billy.

Old 22-02-08, 06:39 PM   #3
Biker_Billy

Thanks Alex, didnt know about that one, might look into it, but know of ones that south west bikers run...

Was thinking more about SV specific riders, and putting a face to the name form people on this forum.

If I'm talking out my chuff, and no one is interested, I'll just have to go to a 'generic' one then!

BB.

Old 23-02-08, 12:57 PM   #4
nomad

I agree, most of the South and West Surfers stuff seems to happen up in Bristol or Wales.

I am based a few miles from M5 J27, it would be good to have something going on in the South West D&C area, so I would definitely be interested.

Old 23-02-08, 01:40 PM   #5
andy1505

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
I agree, most of the South and West Surfers stuff seems to happen up in Bristol or Wales.

I am based a few miles from M5 J27, it would be good to have something going on in the South West D&C area, so I would definitely be interested.

I am in exminster Devon, so would be up for a ride, but will need to take it easy !!!!!

Old 23-02-08, 02:04 PM   #6
Biker_Billy

Thanks Nomad and Andy - I know there are a few others who light be interested, lurking about, so I'll leave this running for a couple of weeks and then see if its worth organising something.

BB.

Old 23-02-08, 02:08 PM   #7
nomad

Quote:
I am in exminster Devon, so would be up for a ride, but will need to take it easy !!!!!
Glad to hear someone else would want to take it easy. I am just getting back on a bike after nearly two years following injury (not bike related).

There was a similar thread last month http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...13#post1389513 that seemed to generate some interest, so it is worth pursuing.

Last edited by nomad; 23-02-08 at 02:14 PM.

Old 23-02-08, 08:28 PM   #8
caz650s

Hi Billy ... I was the RAC man that popped in to see you ( Hovis ,Mac99,etc) at the bunkhouse at lewdown last year ,

I work strange shifts but if I was off I would venture to Plymouth ...good idea

Old 24-02-08, 09:33 AM   #9
Rich
Mega Poster

I'm right in the middle of everyone. It's a good idea as the welsh lot seem to stay one side of the bridge which is fair nuf i know. I'd be up for it as and when i can. It's abit of a ride for me either way, up to bristol or down to plymouth. Theres nothing very central to south west it's miles away for us further down south to get to any meets.
Old 24-02-08, 09:50 AM   #10
nomad

Quote:
It's abit of a ride for me either way, up to bristol or down to plymouth. Theres nothing very central to south west it's miles away for us further down south to get to any meets.
I agree, it's a fair stretch either way, although I prefer heading south (psychologically down hill). Might be an idea to see if there were a few who might like to meet more centrally in Devon either for its own sake or to ride south together and hook up with the Cornish.

Closed Thread