SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 22-08-07, 08:00 PM   #1
Kilted Ginger

Default Thanks for the Kind wishes

As per Tiger55's request, a wee thread to let anyone who's interested know that i'm breathing and back.

Firstly a big thanks too all for their wishes etc (ralph kindly printed them off and brought them to the hospital) and for the visits which were greatly appreciated.

Should have been back on here sooner but still trying to get my head straight, I'll try and make up for it with my usual inept ramblings.

Unfortunately this will be as close to biking as I'll get for a while so i'll have to do it vicariously through you lot for awhile. Longer term I'll be needing some lessons / tutilage when I do get back on the road but that's looking like next year. I'll try to make it along to the Go-Karting but purely as a spectator but at least it will let me catch up with you all.

My resembelance to a racing snake has been somewhat exagerated, much to my dissapointment and i've been forced to regain just over a stone (doctors orders) A worn out bag of bones would be a better description but I hope to resolve that when i'm able to get back exercising and to the gym.

Finally a Huge massive heart felt thanks to Colin, who went above and beyond, not only passing on your wishes but numerous visits, calls and texts, particularly those to Hazel when my future definately wasn't bright or long, she'a got a real soft spot for him now, and i'll never forget his kindness.

Thanks mate.

Finally if someone wants to give me a summary of the last six months it'll save me a whole lot of trawling through the old posts. Thanks again to you all and hope to see you soon.

Take care all.
Old 22-08-07, 08:07 PM   #2
peterco

Default Re: Thanks for the Kind wishes

I am glad your up and about,just pile on the pounds.
I was in that postion 4 years ago,like a rake when i came out of hospital.
Just a short note.
Just take it easy.
Pete
SV650 Naked
BMW 650cs Scarfer
MZ RT 125 4 stroke
peterco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-07, 08:07 PM   #3
on yer bike

welcome home mate!

on yer bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-07, 08:16 PM   #4
SVTONYB

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery mate

It took me 33 yrs to get my bike licence and a proper bike and it was worth the wait so take your time getting your strength back it will be worth it in the end

Looking forward to seeing you at the kart night
Old 22-08-07, 08:18 PM   #5
kitkat

welcome back big man.

run down of last 6 months -

northwind is our moderator.
lots of new members
not too many rideouts
jim came off - no damage to him
northwind came off - not much damage to him
stuartyboy came off - he was an old duffer anyway so not much damage to him
quedos bought another bike
AR was a wet success
Blueflame been on a million holidays
ecosse section has been relegated to bottom of pile
lots of english visiting our great country
dean rides even faster on his new bike
tony makes lots of noise on his new bike

thats all I can think of just now
Old 22-08-07, 09:43 PM   #6
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
thats all I can think of just now
a few others....

Jillyburd (new member who just happens to be Mrs Tiger55) passed her test (so now Tiger has to fight over who attends rideouts and who kid sits)

Stuartyboy's making a career of upsetting folk in the idle banter section (though admittedly far too serious folk)

We gained our youngest new member in the form of miniblueflame but we haven't seen or heard much of him since the easter egg run (think Dad didn't know he'd signed up and now he's had his computer confiscated!)

Quedos is unhappy about our rideout etiquette, so on the last rideout we went even faster (kidding - no we didn't, Skyeblue, new member and done a rideout already, will testify that we did an OK job of looking after her)

On yer bike's not on his bike, he's selling up and caging it 'til he finishes uni and can afford both. We did try to convince him otherwise.

Prawn's disappeared off the face of the planet (heelllooooo... where are you...?)

Shelia's moved into a place where she can't get internet access so she's disappeared too, though she was working in a girlie bike gear shop in S Queensferrry last I heard.

Even though he predicts the weather a treat, Northy still can't get out of bed in the morning, one of these days we'll stop taking the **** about it, but not yet..

Scottaadams opened a new bike gear shop in Kirkintilloch. 15% is in the bag, but he's sure he can muster a 20% discount. He thinks a Toyota Supra is sensible though so keep that in mind if taking advice on bike accessories. He wins the prize for the most bumped post, not that there was any commercial interest involved.

Argyll and Bute police hate us. Jimmy thinks they hate him so much they're gonna frame him for murder. They are getting camera vans with a dome shaped lens on the side which works like a rabbits eye, so they get a shot of the whole bike, front back and side as you ride past, no more ignoring them 'cos theres no reg plate on the front.

Sam sold the SV and bought a Duke 749 (I hate him ), Tony sold the SV and bought a Duke 999 (I hate him more), there are hardly any SV's on SV rideouts nowadays. Deans new bike is a GIxxer6, Stuartys latest of many after much selling and crashing is a Kwak ZX6R, as you know Quedos has a Kwak ER6n, DaBlackKnight got a Blackbird, mine nearly morphed into an 05 plate SL Falco, but some covert PM'ing operations from the deep south put me off. Think thats it bike wise but folks please add to the list if I've missed anyone.

thumper21's bike got totalled by an NHS van and the insurance company threatened to take the rental bike away two days before their honeymoon biking holiday (not heard what happened on that one)

Did I tell you I'm gonna be a Daddy very soon?

Last edited by -Ralph-; 22-08-07 at 10:04 PM.
Old 22-08-07, 11:21 PM   #7
independentphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
a few others....

Prawn Amongst others has disappeared off the face of the planet (heelllooooo... where are you, and you, and you...?)

Argyll and Bute police hate us.

Strathclyde Police let us run red lights and speed in build-up areas (as long as we've got fluffy chicks stuck all over our bikes.

Fife Constabulary LOVE US - they stop us for a chat but Indy & BigAl ride on by.......to the food stop.

Jimmy's Sure they hate him so much they're gonna frame him for murder. They are getting camera vans with a dome shaped lens on the side which works like a rabbits eye, so they get a shot of the whole bike, front back and side as you ride past, no more ignoring them 'cos theres no reg plate on the front.
He, he
Old 23-08-07, 07:17 AM   #8
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Hey

Welcome back. A god news story at last.

Look forward to seein you on the go kart night.

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-07, 09:51 AM   #9
Bluewolf

Old 23-08-07, 11:37 AM   #10
Tiger 55

Quote:
Sam sold the SV and bought a Duke 749 (I hate him
I think it's a 748, which means Mrs Tiger hates him even more.

Quote:
thumper21's bike got totalled by an NHS van and the insurance company threatened to take the rental bike away two days before their honeymoon biking holiday (not heard what happened on that one)
All went well in the end. Mr Thumper21 phoned the insurance and "kicked some butts" and they kept the bike for the honeymoon. Scottish Rawker took the wedding photos but Karen is too busy to post them, probably getting her man's tea.

Quote:
Did I tell you I'm gonna be a Daddy very soon?
Ralph goes everywhere with 2 mobiles on different networks, just in case.

The only news I can add is another off, Scottish Rawker Vs minicab, with more damage done to the cab than Rawker or his SV!

Good to have you back mate. Take it steady.