SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2007 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2007 SV650.org's bigger & better annual rideout.

Old 02-07-07, 11:05 PM   #1
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Rictus the weekend

My AE07.

Well I probably got far more out of this year than anyone, at least that’s my take on things, it was so much more than the event itself, the planning and organization gave me something to focus on when my mind was in need what with treatment, medication and the pain of injury and all.

It was a point to aim at from a physical perspective as well and made me work hard to get myself to the stage of being able to do it (and very nearly did).

despite the last minute problems (Toady not being able to attend, quiff taking over the Meet & Greet from the Apes, Kim & Viney/Verna sorting the transport and BBQ/ Beer run and the weather worries), it all turned out very well, I don’t think a single person asked refuse to do anything, which quite frankly speaks volumes for the kind of people we have on the forum.

I was glad both Paul and Anna were able to go on there SV’s and Verna & Viney came along, the whole thing although very tiring sort of recharges the batteries in another way, if you know what I mean.

Spoke to a few of the newer members with little bike experience, and got the vibe they were really enjoying themselves, which was just what we were aiming for, considering the weather and riding it could so easily have been scary for them and just put them off, so on the money with that one.

On a personal note, I was a little disappointed I wasn’t able to fully participate, or even finish the rideout with everyone else (Pushed as far as I could, but you have to stop when you can’t see and all that) and apologies for not being able to direct some of the Saturday activities, but it seems they weren’t needed and people were more than happy to enjoy themselves.

I was at one stage just sitting back looking around, the normal regional groups of friends weren’t in evidence everyone was mixed and talking to people who were strangers such a short time before, and that was what it was all about.

Although I’ve opened a “Magic Moments” thread and posted on that I’ve got to say the ladies out did themselves, I don’t think I saw one without a smile all weekend.

Verna and the sunshine she exudes
Wall flower Anna and her Fire
Kim and her pink accessories
Claire and her Moonbase
Caz and her hot water bottle
Taking to Dizzy in the bar, Melody at Leyburn stop about back brakes, Oh just too many to name.

We had some real fun characters there and a totally stress free weekend, I’d like to thank all thoughs that turned up and made this something for the memory banks.

I really hope no matter what you all come away with memories as good as mine.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 11:11 PM   #2
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rictus the weekend

Oh just one more thing ( and I know she'll kill me, but do it smiling )

Early morning sunshine

Sorry Gorgeous, just couldn't resist ( you really )

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 11:14 PM   #3
Jester666

I think I'm in agreement with everyone else that without you it would have never happened.

You are a star riding through the pain barrier to make sure it all happened and went without too many hitches. Even you can't control the weather.

Well done Mark for making the whole event run as planned and enjoying yourself.

Top Man!!!!!!

Last edited by Jester666; 03-07-07 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-07-07, 11:16 PM   #4
Jester666

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post

Moneypenny, you seem to have forgotten your trousers!
Old 03-07-07, 01:13 PM   #5
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I must admit when I saw you parked up on the final leg of AR, I nearly pulled over cause i thought you'd had enough, realised you were having a 'Hamlet' moment fag in mouth and carried on..mind you i think the entire group that was following would have done the same and we'd have done an AR road block!!!!!! Still think you have balls of steel, pushed the barriers to extreme, hats off to you young man!!!XX

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 02:38 PM   #6
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
you have balls of steel, pushed the barriers to extreme, hats off to you young man!!!XX
Blimey! Did you need to get those pinned to?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 03:09 PM   #7
Jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Blimey! Did you need to get those pinned to?
Old 03-07-07, 05:16 PM   #8
plowsie

Rictus you are a good man, you gave me some advice on the Friday and made me worry less about my riding for the Saturday, i have great respect for you, for the organising and pain that you went through for the weekend.

Big thank you to you mate