SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-09-08, 11:35 PM   #101
carnivore

Default Re: TL Discussion Thread

Speaking as a TLS derived motor rider,
the TL was designed by suzuki as a rival to the V-twins of Ducati. the motor is a monster, easily acing the power output of the 916 as was the bike at the time. The difference between the suzuki and ducati design approach was that ducati make their bikes easy to ride fast. Suzuki on the other hand just steepened the steering angle to make the bike unstable, hence the steering damper (i know, i know the rear suspension also caused the problem but the steep steering angle didn't help). But the point is the TLS is ment to be a 'track' bike for the road and ment for experienced riders.
So monster power delivery, steep steering angle,and 'dodgy rear suspension'= A bike not for the inexperienced, get it wrong and the TL is VERY unforgiving.
Old 26-09-08, 12:02 AM   #102
lukemillar
Mega Poster

There is one point that everyone is missing here.

TL's look very similar to a Curvy SV and are therefore fugly. Plus they look obese. They are the motorcycle equivalent of Jade Goody.
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-08, 12:06 PM   #103
Paws

Default Re: px/swap my tl 1000 for a curvey??

[quote=plowsie;1635532]Just because you seem to find certain things a difficulty/get it wrong, it doesn't mean that others will.

[quote]

plowsie, ive got a LOT LESS things wrong on a bike unlike you ,
The point i was trying to NICELY make was that the tl isnt a ideal bike for a younger and not so experienced rider-ever thought that some of us dont want to see/hear about any more accidents this year? Youve been buzzing around on "restricted" bikes for a few years and then was thinking about a big thou as next step up?
Wait for the sv to be de-restricyed and haul your ar*e out on track and watch how you fall in love with it all over again
Old 26-09-08, 12:11 PM   #104
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
plowsie, ive got a LOT LESS things wrong on a bike unlike you
Explain that in a bit more detail please...And please spare me the running over of the foot, it gets boring after a while!
Old 26-09-08, 12:11 PM   #105
Paws

[quote=plowsie;
And I don't think I will ever shift the SV now as TBH i missed it when i got rid of the last one. I am trying to get this one like that was, GSX-R forks, TL wheel brakes and clip-ons etc. And then once i do get very bored, maybe it might be time to talk to Dangerous Dave about the SV800 [/quote]

get devil biccy to swop it back with your current...or just swop them at soho when hes not looking
Old 26-09-08, 12:12 PM   #106
Paws

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
There is one point that everyone is missing here.

TL's look very similar to a Curvy SV and are therefore fugly. Plus they look obese. They are the motorcycle equivalent of Jade Goody.

LUKE! your a v bad man for that comment-i would be forced to punish you if you did not have such a sexy bike
Old 26-09-08, 12:15 PM   #107
Paws

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
Explain that in a bit more detail please...And please spare me the running over of the foot, it gets boring after a while!

I dont need to explain myself, you seemed to concentrate on that id had offs and i was pointing out your not perfect either
Now lets play nicely now as i do like you as you have the best colour curvy (ohh and check ya pms, just a had an idea)
Old 26-09-08, 12:16 PM   #108
plowsie

Quote:
I dont need to explain myself, you seemed to concentrate on that id had offs and i was pointing out your not perfect either
Now lets play nicely now as i do like you as you have the best colour curvy (ohh and check ya pms, just a had an idea)
I commented on my offs also, admitted I am at fault and that yes I have scares. I know I'm not perfect.
Old 26-09-08, 06:37 PM   #109
Baph

Quote:
The point i was trying to NICELY make was that the tl isnt a ideal bike for a younger and not so experienced rider
Paws, whilst the above comment is very true (subject to any/all mods performed on said bike), I have ridden with Plowsie a number of times (something that I recall you have said you haven't done at all) and had pretty long chats with him off the bike about various different subjects.

Would I say he's younger? Yes. But then I'm only 25 myself, and I've ridden numerous bikes (including an '05 Busa that I quite regularly ride) and on my SV alone, covered around 36k miles in approx 2 years. Age has no bearing on experience, or mind set, whatsoever.

Would I say he's "not so experienced"? Well, that's subjective surely. Less experienced than some on the forum, but also vastly more so than others.

In the past, I've known Plowsie to actively seek advice, and attempt to incorporate things he witnesses into his own riding (Plowsie - remember the conversation we had about me only really climbing off the bike in the wet around last years AR?).

So please Paws, forgive me, but I don't see how your comment has any relevance whatsoever to Plowsie, his riding, or which bikes he chooses.

As I said to Plowsie off the .org, if he wanted a TL and had the finances to back up his desire, the throttle goes two ways for a reason. I also know he has a significant other that he cares about dearly, so I know he has a reason to excercise caution.

Right, apologies to mods & everyone else that's just read that - it was something that's been grating on me for a while. I'll get off the soapbox now.