SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-01-14, 07:01 PM   #2061
Berlin

Default Re: INTERESTING FACT OF THE DAY

Come back in 2033 and tell me its not a fact

The world follows a cycle. It always has. The cycle of Rome followed that of many other civilisations including the British Empire, Greeks, Persia, Russia and many other great empires.. The USA's cycle ends in 2032. Its already started to implode. The US government is no longer working for the benefit of the people but for the benefit of itself. The increase in paranoia and NSA spying on the people shows they are getting ready to defend themselves against their own populace. (Gun control, Homeland security ordering 5 billion bullets [why does Homeland security require 5 billion bullets?] New laws to govern protests and freedom of speech, The patriot act, etc)

I have no problem if you choose to ignore this or want to think its false. Your choice doesn't affect me. The events will. Is it better to know and be prepared or not know and wander blindly into it?

Want some more good news? the war cycle is coming to a peak too. There seems to be quite a bit of unrest in the world at the moment. there seems to be a lot of Government curtailment of your right to protest and speak out about what's happening. The tipping point? Instability. How are you going to feel when Cameron takes 10% of the money you have? fairly annoyed I'd have thought. Spain is kicking off, Thailand is kicking off. Both those countries already had the new social control measures in place to prevent uprising. lets see if it works...

and if the cycle doesn't get them, the Asteroid will

C

Last edited by Berlin; 18-01-14 at 07:09 PM.
Old 18-01-14, 10:47 PM   #2062
Mrs DJ Fridge

China will rise, not using their own people obviously, they will use India and Africa as soldiers, give up now, there is no hope, well maybe there is some we are small and insignificant maybe they will not notice as.
Old 18-01-14, 11:02 PM   #2063
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Time to migrate to Fiji soon then! Will definitely get left alone over there!!

Triumph and Suzuki owner
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-14, 08:18 AM   #2064
Berlin

Interesting fact! - It has now been proven that passive smoking does NOT give you lung cancer! In a study of 76,000 women there was ZER0 evidence of any lung cancer from second hand smoke. It has now been admitted that the information was false and a social engineering project to make the US a smoke free environment. Other countries also jumped on the band wagon, despite all evidence to the contrary.
Old 20-01-14, 11:10 AM   #2065
punyXpress
Mega Poster

. . . bit like global warming / climate change or whatever it's called today?
Old 21-01-14, 01:02 PM   #2066
mikerj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
Interesting fact! - It has now been proven that passive smoking does NOT give you lung cancer! In a study of 76,000 women there was ZER0 evidence of any lung cancer from second hand smoke.
Even if second hand smoke didn't increase the risk of lung cancer, it's still a bloody horrible thing to inflict on other people, and smoking unequivocally increases the risk of the smoker dying a really horrible death (whilst sucking money out of the health system).
mikerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-14, 04:01 PM   #2067
Grant66

Default Re: Re: INTERESTING FACT OF THE DAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerj View Post
(whilst sucking money out of the health system).
Smokers contribute £10billion to the exchequer. It is estimated that £5 billion of the Nhs budget is spent on smoking related issues.
So if they successfully stopped smoking expect your taxes to rise.

Last edited by Grant66; 21-01-14 at 04:06 PM.
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-14, 04:27 PM   #2068
Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant66 View Post
Smokers contribute £10billion to the exchequer. It is estimated that £5 billion of the Nhs budget is spent on smoking related issues.
So if they successfully stopped smoking expect your taxes to rise.
I'm afraid those figures can't be true.
Old 22-01-14, 04:59 PM   #2069
ClunkintheUK

Why not? According to Ash (a smoking charity from my googlefu) there are 10 million smokers in the UK, so £10 Billion in revenues would be £1000 per smoker per year. Tax on a 20 pack of cigs in 2012 was £5.91 (most recent figure my googlefu could find in three minutes, I have no reason to dispute it). so £1000 of revenue from a smoker is about 169 packs a year, or about 9 cigarettes a day (very roughly) as the average number of cigarettes a smoker will smoke. That doesn't seem to ridiculous to me.

Total Budget for the NHS in England was £95 Billion in 2012-2013, 5% seems a fair guess, but honestly 15% also seems a fair guess.
Old 22-01-14, 05:03 PM   #2070
Grant66

You're right, I didn't include vat. Revenue is over 12 billion
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote