SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-07-10, 02:23 PM   #21
alexh

Default Re: Exhaust Cans (for a change!) - Delkevic?

Hobo

Finally got the official response from Delkevic;

'The first batch of 225mm oval silencers have been fitted with the incorrect assembly band, these where from our 350mm silencer & where stamped BSAU193/T3, they sold out so quickly that the mistake was not identified until they were all gone, so basically although they are stamped as homologated they are not & are not designated for ‘road’ use.'

So definetly not Road legal, just an unfortunate **** up!

It would be interesting if i got pulled over to see what they say, its stamped up road legal, blatantly too loud for the road But the exhaust is of a sealed construction i.e. no way of removing or installing a Baffle!
Old 14-07-10, 03:49 PM   #22
Hobo

Cheers Alex,
I think i will have to get one and see if it comes with the stamp. with being sold out do you think it will still have it or were you just one of the lucky ones. I think if its stamped the police couldnt do anything just plead the old card of its stamped and i didnt know?

Cheers Hobo
Old 16-07-10, 10:19 AM   #23
alexh

I really dont know!, order it and if it comes with the 'unfortunate' stamping then great if not then just order the 350mm stainless one.

I would definetly play the card as I brought it officer and it was stamped!

But really its like i said in previous posts, If your driving through the city centre revving the nuts off it then yeah your going to get pulled, but if your sensible with the throttle and an appropiate higher gear it doesnt sound that loud (still draws attention though!) and you would just get frowned on!

Its up to you, just order some ear plugs if you do get one!
Old 19-07-10, 01:24 PM   #24
Hobo

Hi Alex,
Ordered the exhaust and unfortunatly it has come with the terrible mistake of stamping the exhaust with a BSAU stamp. I am GUTTED and will have to fit it to the bike as soon as possible. Tomorrow i think as im night shift this week. Stamped up and ready to go. CLASS.

Cheers for the help Hobo.
Old 19-07-10, 05:25 PM   #25
alexh

Well that is most unfortunate news, its such a shame that companies can make such blatant errors, Now what are the rozzers going to do!

Let me know how it goes when you fit it as mine isnt the best of fits (looks good, im just a bit finicky)

but when youv'e fitted it and had a run on it let me know what you think of it!
Old 20-07-10, 06:27 AM   #26
Hobo

Will do mate. was going to fit it today but after my night shift im not sure if i have the energy. will let you know when i have fitted it then i heard that you are better to leave it 24 hrs for the paste to set for best results before using. its tiny compaired to the rocket launcher standard one. will look the business i think.

Hobo
Old 23-07-10, 10:26 PM   #27
kd80

Hi guys,

Sorry to deviate away from OP. I need a new exhaust for a curvy and I am considering getting a Delkevic - they seem cheap and cheerful.

Reading some past stories on here, it appears previously the "one model fits all" was problematic on the curvies.

Now looking at the website, I see they are now split up into curvy and pointy. Does that mean the original issue is fixed and the '99-'02 will fit a curvy easily? All I am after is a real cheap exhaust that works and is road legal to replace mine .

Looking at their picture here and here (selecting SV650 '99-'02 from the drop down), aside from the large, main clamp that fits around the silencer itself, there is only one clamp for the link pipes. Do you not need a clamp at each end of the link pipe: one securing the silencer to the link pipe and; one fitting the link pipe to the main exhaust pipe itself?

Thanks all
K.

Last edited by kd80; 23-07-10 at 10:28 PM.
Old 24-07-10, 08:03 AM   #28
alexh

I see what you mean, the phot does show 1 clamp!

Dont worry about it, the phots are for illustration purposes only! you will get 2 clamps and if not just get in touch with delkevic they are top quality guys, very helpful!

Hobo, have you fitted the silencer yet?

Last edited by alexh; 24-07-10 at 08:04 AM.
Old 24-07-10, 05:16 PM   #29
Hobo

Silencer is not really approapriate as u will know alex

Fitted the exhaust today alex. Sounds Quality seen one single mum moving her kid to the inside of the path when i was comming along the street. and as you said i seen absolutely no wildlife as it all left when i got close. Brilliant.

Only one thing is that the hanger seems slack on the exhaust? i dont know if they are all like this?
I left 60mm from the weld as i think it looks more central for the hanger.

Back to the main point though i am extremely happy with the db's and looks cracking too.

Cheers Hobo.
Old 24-07-10, 06:31 PM   #30
kd80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
Silencer is not really approapriate as u will know alex

Fitted the exhaust today alex. Sounds Quality seen one single mum moving her kid to the inside of the path when i was comming along the street. and as you said i seen absolutely no wildlife as it all left when i got close. Brilliant.

Only one thing is that the hanger seems slack on the exhaust? i dont know if they are all like this?
I left 60mm from the weld as i think it looks more central for the hanger.

Back to the main point though i am extremely happy with the db's and looks cracking too.

Cheers Hobo.
Nice one what model SV did you fit it to? And how easy was it?

You see my post a couple above yours, with my concerns in it before I make a purchase?