SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a Thames valley meet ?
Weekly 5 22.73%
Fortnightly 17 77.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-07-07, 04:01 PM   #21
Jelster

Default Re: Thames Valley Group Section - Will you attend?

Not the 5th August (WSB at Brands)......
Old 23-07-07, 12:17 AM   #22
ASM-Forever

In an interesting turnabout, after incessant pestering my doctor has given me permission to ride on the condition that i do not crash

Assuming they dont want a fortune to insure the bike as i have an ongoing claim i should hopefully be available to pitch up to some of these events until September.

I will also be getting out on the bike a bit, to see how possible riding it is so if anyone wants to join me.....I will warn you now i will be taking it really easy...if you want to join it may be a better idea to come on a push bike! Actually it might be a better idea if i get out on my own first and see how much of a shadow of my former self i have become.

If all goes well i am probably going to take a ride down to the coast(Portsmouth) to check out J&S as i need some new leathers....if/when that goes ahead i am willing to schedule dates to suit other people if applicable.

Back on topic, this thread has gone a bit quiet recently....so lets get it back on track. Therefore lets all indicate days/dates we are available for and go from there. Provisionally Sundays seems a good day, but the majority will decide for sure.

I should be available most weekends until the end of August and most other days/evenings(I will have a week period in August when i have my rescheduled exams when im not available, but date unknown as yet)

So when are you available or just as importantly not available?
Old 23-07-07, 06:19 AM   #23
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
I
I will also be getting out on the bike a bit, to see how possible riding it is so if anyone wants to join me.....I will warn you now i will be taking it really easy...if you want to join it may be a better idea to come on a push bike!
sounds like my kind of riding
Old 23-07-07, 07:50 AM   #24
Jelster

If I were to suggest a lunchtime meet, at Fox's, next Sunday (29th) how many could make it ?

I will have to also mention that I have a party on the Saturday evening, and whilst not being a big drinker, I may not be in a suitable position to ride until about 12:00, although I can get to Fox's in less than an hour anyway....

Discuss....
Old 23-07-07, 08:46 AM   #25
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Cant make the 29th as that is the weekend that I am moving to the area. Am keen to meet everyone though so looking forward to the next one!

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-07, 11:07 AM   #26
Warthog

I could make the 29th, if it was 12 at the earliest, I will be coming back from Brum after a night out so might be in the same state as Jelster!
Old 23-07-07, 11:39 AM   #27
StreetHawk

I can do the 29th.. Was gonna suggest a few dates for the first meet and see what the majority go for but if the 29th is popular then lets go for that..

Shall we say 1pm at Fox's... ?

ASM - As soon as we get some sunshine then i'll be up for a leisurely rideout, getting some tyres fitted weds so will need to scrub them in (normal riding speed for me then!)
Old 23-07-07, 12:05 PM   #28
ASM-Forever

Assuming all goes to plan the 29th works for me.

Nick i am going to go for a ride after i have sorted insurance...probably close to home in case the knee gives up the ghost! After that im going to Aylesbury to DWR racing to try and charm a substantial discount on leathers and get some crash bungs. By then my new helmet should have arrived(at the moment i am using my 5th choice and worst lid....some Takachi abomination).

Hopefully that will all be sorted by weds/thurs so could pootle around then.
Old 23-07-07, 04:04 PM   #29
StreetHawk

Cool, give me a shout when you're kitted up and we'll hit the road... rather slowly!
Old 23-07-07, 04:29 PM   #30
SDMF

I'd be able to make the 29th too....Unless it's completely p55ing down next weekend..