SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 23-08-07, 02:28 PM   #11
StreetHawk

Default Re: This Weekend(25/26)

I'm free on monday... Supposed to be good weather! We shall see!
Old 23-08-07, 02:38 PM   #12
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
I'm free on monday... Supposed to be good weather! We shall see!
Has your mate sorted a bike?(was he the one after a hornet?).

Is he a new rider or a biking legend? Because if he's the latter i will have to work on my wheelies and superman to impress him
Old 23-08-07, 04:55 PM   #13
StreetHawk

He is trying to get a deal on a Fazer as I type.. he tried a Hornet and an SV aswell but prefers the Fazer. I reckon he'll get it tomorrow so he should be in for monday aswell. He passed a few weeks ago so at least there will be someone slower than me through the bends... I hope
Old 23-08-07, 05:22 PM   #14
ASM-Forever

A Fazer you say....we have to be faster than him or all our dignity will be lost
Old 23-08-07, 07:47 PM   #15
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
A Fazer you say....we have to be faster than him or all our dignity will be lost
Fazer.....!?!? Pfffft, Hornet's handle better and are nicer to look at. Tell him if he gets a Fazer not to forget his top box. Big girl.
Old 23-08-07, 08:11 PM   #16
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganDan View Post
Fazer.....!?!? Pfffft, Hornet's handle better and are nicer to look at. Tell him if he gets a Fazer not to forget his top box. Big girl.
Agreed.

I once rode a fazer and it is a really easy, comfortable bike to ride. I guess it makes sense as a commuter. That said i am not sure i would buy one even for that, as we all want something a bit meaner for going the long way home and carving up the twisties.

Nick in case he is a natural one of us should distract him whilst the other knocks a few PSI off his tyres...that ought to slow him down
Old 24-08-07, 09:22 AM   #17
StreetHawk

I tried to tell him an SV would be more fun but it's his money at the end of the day! The older Fazers have a good press and it's got all the extras on it, Scorpion can, hugger, undertray, braided hoses, double bubble, small indys etc.. Looks ok for 1st bike.. He is still trying to haggle tho so no bike yet!

I would buy a Hornet myself as I love me Honda
Old 24-08-07, 01:33 PM   #18
philbut

I poped over to Fox's this monday to check out bikers night. There were at lease 80-100 bikes there plus a load of those quads. i'm not sure what the situation is for the bank holiday, but might be worth a look in if anyone is about in the evening. Things kick off about 5-6 i think and it shuts at 9. I'm about saturday afternoon and sunday/monday so if anyone makes a decision on a ride i wouldn't mind taggin along.
Old 24-08-07, 01:34 PM   #19
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
I tried to tell him an SV would be more fun but it's his money at the end of the day! The older Fazers have a good press and it's got all the extras on it, Scorpion can, hugger, undertray, braided hoses, double bubble, small indys etc.. Looks ok for 1st bike.. He is still trying to haggle tho so no bike yet!

I would buy a Hornet myself as I love me Honda
Damn....so once again i will have the ****test can . I keep meaning to bid on a cheap race can on ebay but always forget.

Yeh if i was going to get another bike it would be something less sporty and more commuter/comfy(although i find the R6 more comfortable than the SV and ive only ever ridden it as a cripple). I doubt i would get another SV. If it was between the hornet/fazer i would go hornet...but it depends on the £ difference.

Last edited by ASM-Forever; 24-08-07 at 01:37 PM.
Old 24-08-07, 01:39 PM   #20
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
Damn....so once again i will have the ****test can .
You REALLY need to replace that can, it MINGS.