SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-12-07, 08:49 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default I feel a bit bad ...

Riding home today, it was ~19:45 ... traffic would normally have subsided a bit by then ... but I get into a long traffic jam about 2 miles from home ... I got a bit frustrated that there was a jam, I presumed it was roadworks as they always do stupid stuff like that ...

I fought my way through/past the jam (its annoying as there are lots of double white lines so you can't overtake) ...

I got to the front and it was a biker that had evidently gone SPLAT! (Ambulance/medics/police scraping him up).

I felt a bit bad getting frustrated at the delay ... that day was having a worse time of it than me ...

Anyone else ever felt guilty in a situation like that before?
Old 18-12-07, 08:54 PM   #2
Razor

Default Re: I feel a bit bad ...

There but for the grace of God go I... even tho I'm an atheist...
Old 18-12-07, 08:57 PM   #3
Defender

Wished I'd not read the thread Curiousity I suppose.

Let's be careful - more careful than ever - out there.

RIP biker

Last edited by Defender; 18-12-07 at 10:26 PM.
Old 18-12-07, 08:59 PM   #4
Balky001
Mega Poster

Blue, you can't think there's a tragedy everytime there is a queue so don't feel bad about getting frustrated but of course, I also would take a second to reassess by impatience when seeing the severity of the cause for the delay. You might be feeling guilty but its probably sympathy as well that you are feeling mate. Its horrible when you see something like this
Old 18-12-07, 09:13 PM   #5
Blue_SV650S

I ought to make it clear that it may NOT have been a fatality ... (the crew attending to him didn't look in any sort of rush, to me though that can only mean one of two things ... ) ...

Even if it was not a fatal, it is still a comrade down and I was getting angry at being delayed .... lets face given the choice, it I'd rather be delayed a bit than in his boots at that point!!
Old 18-12-07, 10:22 PM   #6
Defender

Biker down on Monday night:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/7149450.stm
I travel on this road and had to turn around last night on the way home as the road had been closed. I see quite a few bikers toing and froing in the morning/ evening on this road.
Very sad

Then today:

I work near Castleford and there was a motorway accident on the M62 this morning which resulted in a death and several people injured.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7149454.stm

I was able to get into work as normal as I use the country roads but you should have heard staff moan about having to queue for an hour or so to get into work. I wanted to tell them to belt up as waiting in a warm car listening to their favourite radio station is just inconvenient and nothing compared to someone losing their life and people hurt. Its bad at any time but near Christmas

Last edited by Defender; 18-12-07 at 10:39 PM.
Old 19-12-07, 12:45 PM   #7
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post

I was able to get into work as normal as I use the country roads but you should have heard staff moan about having to queue for an hour or so to get into work. I wanted to tell them to belt up as waiting in a warm car listening to their favourite radio station is just inconvenient and nothing compared to someone losing their life and people hurt. Its bad at any time but near Christmas
No one forces you to ride a bike do they so why are you moaning???
Old 19-12-07, 12:47 PM   #8
Alpinestarhero

Dont feel bad blue, everyone gets frustrated at a queue, especially when they dont know the reason. Dont worry matey

Hope the rider is ok though

Matt
Old 19-12-07, 12:52 PM   #9
G
Mega Poster

My workmate was telling me yesterday how once they all turned up on a monday morning for work and the lazy guy whos normally late didnt, they were slating him and joking about him, but he was dead, had a heart attack in bed over the weekend. He felt pretty bad.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-07, 01:13 PM   #10
Lozzo

You've all missed the important issue - how bad was the bike?